Heavy/Scratch: LEGO Neo Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by alanyap, Aug 17, 2012.

1. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

The other week when I took my LEGO Lightspeed off my shelf to compile the building instructions , it struck me how this "mold" can be so versatile. I can imagine myself improving it to make quite a number of G1 Transformers carbots . I immediately took out my stash of LEGO (trays and all) and put in the living room, ready for a new round of creation (been 2++ months since I lied low) . So my impulse moment finally ended with Sunstreaker.

Not too bad for a 10-day effort huh?

For somemore photos and writeups, as usual... here: Neo Sunstreaker: A LEGO® creation by Yap Alan : MOCpages.com

But mocpages.com doesn't display my page too "neatly" and arranging the photos inside is a bit cumbersome, so I've posted a complete set of photos instead in my blog entry below:

Alanyuppie's LEGO Transformers: LEGO Neo Sunstreaker with transformation sequence

Attached Files:

2. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Go work for kreo!

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    This is Awesome! If Kreo was like this I would be all over that line!

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Impressive.

5. Zorrakh

Zorrakh Well-Known Member

Yay for yellow! :D 

This is my first System review in a while, but I'll give it a shot.

Vehicle Mode
    I really like the shape of the vehicle. There aren't really any spots that show it's a Transformer, which is great. The front parts right behind the front wheels stick up a little bit too high, but that's the only thing I have a problem with. The back looks a little jumbled, but doesn't bother me that much. The Keetongu Orange ball socket doesn't stand out, but it's a shame that you don't have any yellow ones (I imagine that's why you didn't use any). The spoiler configurations look great, too.

Robot Mode
    I don't really know Generation 1 stuff (please don't hate me :D ), but from looking at some pictures from TFWiki, I believe you have done a great representation of the figure. The form flows very well and it looks very posable. The chest dosn't stick out too much, which can be a difficult thing to do, and I really like the windshield piece. The back is nice and compact and the black plates look good. The arms are nice, as well as the weapons, although I noticed that the right hand looks like it's on backwards; is it supposed to be like that? The legs look fine, but again those parts that were behind the front wheels just seem to stick out a bit too much.

Overall, the figure looks really good. Keep it up. :)