LEGO Cuusoo: Game Boy & Tetris Transformers: Domaster & Tetrawing

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, Apr 29, 2012.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

A while back... I posted a thread regarding a Transformable Gameboy "Soundwave" made out of Legos...

Apparently, there's a Lego project called Cuusoo, which allows designers to submit their work for voting. If 10000 folks support a project, it goes for review with Lego to see if they'll make it.

ATM... he's only got 94 supports... posted here cuz I'm sure TFW folks would love it.

Here's the page where you can see the entry.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/14089

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    licensing nightmare.

even getting rid of the gameboy name, they'd have to change the whole look of the thing.

3. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Would they? o_O 

4. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Odds are that Lego wouldn't put the "Game Boy" or "Tetris logos on it... but their ToS does state that they look into outside licensing rights when evaluating projects. And hey, they did pass the Minecraft set.

It's not a dead ringer for Soundwave either... so I'd say they probably could pass talking with Hasbro. Needless to say neither would want to collaborate with one another anytime soon. (Kreo lawsuit shenanigans after all...)

The Gameboy had numerous clones or lookalikes... don't recall Nintendo suing them all either.