Heavy/Scratch: Lego BIONICLE: Decepticon Tyrant

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Zorrakh, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Zorrakh

Zorrakh Well-Known Member

I apologize in advance for some of the pictures. Some are a little blurry because it's really hard to get good focus due to the fact the figure is so big, plus the fact that my collection of Bionicle parts doesn't serve as an adequate background. As far as I know this is the largest Lego Transformer ever made, measuring at about four feet long in Beast Mode and about three feet tall in Robot Mode.

[​IMG]

Gallery of nearly all photos, including transformation

Robot Mode
    [​IMG]

Beast Mode
    [​IMG]
    Size comparison with a teeny-tiny 6 1/2" Bionicle figure

Yeah...

The overall shape and transformation are based on Transmetal Megatron, however it's not supposed to represent that character. My original idea was to be some experiment created by the Decepticons to counter Grimlock but became a little too smart to be a brute.

Aside from two liftarms in the hips which are temporarily removed to allow the waist to be rotated, it transforms pretty much the same way as the original toy (which I do not have, by the way. I watched many reviews, looked at pictures, and printed out the instructions so I could figure it out).

I started this in January of this year and finished it up in mid-March for a Lego convention, and since I also had college I was a little pressed for time. There are only a few things I'm not happy with, mostly the Dinosaur neck, the thin areas of the robot arms and the upper legs, as well as the fact it can't stand on its own. But I guess I can't have everything, so I'm really happy how it turned out overall. A lot of the Lego convention attendees loved it and it was a big hit with the crowd on the public day. It's just a shame that it takes 15-20 minutes to transform. :D 

Unfortunately the wheels can't be folded out and stay there, and he can't hold the tail as a weapon because the whole thing falls over if I try. The turbines to fold out and spin, though, and I actually centered the whole model around those inverted treads.

And here's me with my model (plus a smaller one) at the Lego Store:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

• 28.jpg
      28.jpg
      File size:
      114.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Dr.Cox

Dr.Cox The Coxster

Ebay:
    Wow...... Nice job.

3. Armentitron

Armentitron Well-Known Member

Jesus...

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Holy fucking shit. That's incredible.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    :eek: 

Holy slag!

6. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

OMG.... it must have weight a ton. how did you managed to carry it around.

Just a few photos doesnt do it justice. Please uploaded more photos to show every details possible in this intricate looking madness.

7. Screamingjet

Screamingjet Well-Known Member

Sweet robot jesus- that thing in a BEAST!:rock 

Major props!!!!!

8. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

That is a magnificent looking MONSTER. I especially like the head designs, both robot and dino. I can understand him not being to stand on his own in beast mode in that pose, but what if you pose him like you usually see MP Grimlock's dino mode posed, with the head and neck upright and mostly centered above the hips? Or is it a problem of sheer joint strength rather than balance and center of gravity? I can also see that thing crumpling under its own weight... I used to MOC and anything I tried to build that ended up over about a foot tall became a floppy mess.

And wow, you had him on display in an actual lego store? Props, man, major props. In fact... *neuters some Vortex figures, hands over bits* LITERAL props. \o/

Also, the way the tahnok gauntlets stand out really make me think about the potential uses of bohrok gauntlets as faction symbols for large-scale builds like this. The distinctive colors and shapes, general roundness, and relative flatness... Of course, even if I HAD all my old parts bins, I'd never be able to pull off something big enough to use them.

9. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Mate, you just made the Movie designs look like crap! That is absolutely incredible! The size is epic, and his bot mode is damned intimidating!
    All I can say is WOW!

10. Razorbeak7

Razorbeak7 But look, a computer!

:jawdropper:  My god, that's amazing. Easily the coolest Bionicle TF I've seen yet.

11. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    :bowdown: 

12. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Holy cheese 'n' happy crackers, that bugger is HUGE!

Nice work, man. Nice work.:thumb 

13. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

:jawdropper:  WOW!!! That is beyond amazing, I don't know what impresses me more, the size of it or the fact it's transformable at that size.

I know thing is certain, your creation blows every MOC I ever made away.

14. imoff2186

imoff2186 Well-Known Member

Dear god

15. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

That is flipping amazing!

16. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

Nothing can make the movie designs look like crap except God himself, Stormvapor. XD

Well, nice to see a fellow BZPer on here, Zorrakh! I see you got some new pics in. Well, my old statement still stands, and I am not re-typing or copy pasting it here.

In short, though, if anyone wants to know, AWESOME.

17. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

BRAVO!!!

How long did it take u to make it?

18. Zorrakh

Thanks for all the comments guys. :D  It makes me feel very welcome here.

alanyap: I'll see if I can get some more pictures taken. It's currently lying down on some of those bins like the baby T-Rex from The Lost World. :D 
    I actually take apart some of the sections for transport, which include the legs, side panels, back panels, and tail, as well as the stands, which fit into two boxes. I have no idea how much it ways, but it's probably over seven pounds.

Tomiku: Yeah, the joints can't support it. It's just so big and I don't get too much room to work with because it's a Transformer.

That faction symbol concept gives me an idea . . . :ev: 

Stormvapor: I don't have any of the figures, so I can't confirm or deny that, but thanks. :) 

The Bucket Kitten: Thanks, but I'm not really that good compared to a lot of the Adult Fan of Lego community. This took a lot more patience than skill, actually. :D 

TNG Prime: I thought that username sounded familier. Nice to see you too. :) 

Kylehudson14: It took about two and a half months to build, but I had been watching reviews/looking at pictures about a month beforehand to see if I could actually do it. I was also waiting for my family to take the Christmas tree down so that I would have enough space. :D 

Thanks again for the comments, guys. It means a lot, but I don't know if I'll be able to outdo myself after this. :D 

19. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

Ah. By the way, one note: Decepticon Tyrant? BW Megs was a Predacon.

Anyway, seeing as you're a TF fan and a BZP member, I suggest heading to COT and joining RPG: TF Alignment. It's great, but could use more players.

20. Zorrakh

Oh, yeah, I know that. This model's name is Tyrant and he's a Decepticon, like how you might call, for example, Gears Autobot Gears. This is a retool, if you like, not actually Beast Wars Megatron.

I don't know about joining an RPG; I'm busy with school, among other more serious things, but I'll think about it, thanks. :)