Heavy/Scratch: Lego BIONICLE: Decepticon Frost-Byte

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Zorrakh, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Zorrakh

Zorrakh Well-Known Member

Hi everyone -

I've been looking around this site for about a year after finding out about Transformers: Prime and I've finally got around to joining. I wanted to kick off my joining with posting one of my Lego Transformers creations (called TransforMOCs by the Lego community, with MOC standing for My Own Creation).

Decepticon Frost-Byte
    [​IMG]

Gallery of all pictures PLUS transformation - Link

Snow Mobile Mode
    [​IMG]

Front
    Left
    Back
    Left

Robot Mode
    [​IMG]
    Front
    Left
    Back
    Right

Now for some boring details you don't want to read:
    The overall design is based on the Bionicle set Cendox V-1. This is my first TransforMOC that didn't require several pieces to be taken off and moved around. I wanted to do something smaller and simple. I tried looking for a snow speeder Transformer to figure out how to get the transformation worked out. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any, so I had to do it from scratch. The only transformation design I think I borrowed was Animated Prowl's use of turning the seat into his arms. While I don't think I pulled that part off well, I think this worked out nicely in the end.

Ever since I finished this, I really wish to continue making TransforMOCs because it combines Lego and Transformer, which is awesome :) D) and hasn't really been done, so hopefully this is something I can continue doing. I've read all the rules and this subforum seems like the best place to post this, but please let me know if there's anything I need to fix.

Thanks for looking. :) 

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      98.2 KB
      Views:
  2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I like this actually. I'd think if you got some styrene to smooth out the block holes and such, this could be a killer tf. Nice going!! :thumb 

3. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro.

News Credits:
    Hot dang! Now where's Human Alliance Crotesius? :wink: 

4. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

That's cool as hell. Nice start to your customizing. Hope to see more from you.

5. maku098

maku098 ; solves everything.

News Credits:
    That is awesome!

6. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Welcome aboard from a fellow peers! Im into LEGOformers as well for years now.

The alt mode looks very solid. I never had the skills to utilise Bionicle parts like you did , due to their weird angles.. great job!

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Reminds of the Throwbot Jet figure, but after taking steroids.

8. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

As a fellow LEGO lover, I welcome you to thebords, and say that this is nothing short of pure awesome (especially how you managed to keep the overall look of the origional bike).

9. Zorrakh

Thanks shinobi77. I'm a purist when it comes to Lego, so unfortunately I don't do that much customization, partially because I take stuff apart and use it in other things and also it shows what can be done with just using Lego parts. And I also don't have those kinds of customization skills. :p  I do agree with you on the holes, though, and that's one minor problem I have with Lego.

Thanks Dudicus. He's been rendered into a pile of parts due to my obsession of taking apart stuff and getting the parts sorted. :D 
    I never got around to posting a picture with a figure riding on the vehicle mode, but it does work with the Glatorian figures as well as the standard Hero Factory figures. I like to keep stuff at the same scale, which I consider to be 1:12.

Thanks warhawk. I'll eventually get around to posting my second TransforMOC, but some of the pictures are a little blurry because it's hard to photograph (for a good reason :D ).

Thanks maku098.

Thanks alanyap. Maybe we should get a group started or something since I haven't really found anyone beforehand who does it.

Yeah, Bionicle cane be a pain to use because it's usually not as blocky as regular Lego pieces, as you said. But Technic can help a lot to balance that out, but since I've been building with Bionicle MUCH longer than with System, it just feels more natural. Too many little parts for me. :D 

Thanks Jetbolt. Yep, there's quite a bit of Slizer inspiration in this. I'm glad you noticed. :D 

Thanks LegoTFGuy. I was actually surprised at how easy it was to keep the vehicle shape. I think it helps that I didn't take the treads apart. I actually hate it when Transformer toys with treads actually need them to be broken up and can't be used as treads. I guess that might be one of the reasons I like the idea of BW Rampage so much.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone and thanks again for the comments. :) 

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    What the hell, an actual transforming Bionicle that looks like a robot and a vehicle?

This is aces, man. Really great work.

11. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Im a LEGO purist as well. There's no point building using LEGO parts when you need to forcefully fabricate a shape through other means . The challenge is always in using official LEGO parts to make stuff.

Love every moment of building / rebuilding (if things doesnt look right ). :) 

12. Zorrakh

Thanks SPLIT LIP. Hopefully I'll be able to make some more. :) 

alanayp: Yep, that's definitely part of the challenge. Although it's become a problem for me because I cringe whenever I see intentionally cut pieces, like on some of the custom Transformers on the forum, so it's sometimes hard for me to concentrate on how good a figure looks because of that. I think I need to break that habit. :D