Legends

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sammael, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I was a really big opponent of Legends-sized Transformers for a while. They didn't make much sense to me, in this day and age - why buy Legends-sized TFs when you can have Deluxe+ ones with superior transformations, posability, etc?

However, when the Universe 2.0 Legends came out, I bought some as an impulse buy (due to the lack of other good stuff to get around here). I also got most of the RTS Legends. Since they're too small to be displayed with the rest of my collection, they went into a shoebox along with my Micromasters and Minicons.

Today, for lack of anything better TF-related to do, I pulled that box out and started fiddling with the Legends. And I had an epiphany: unlike most of the larger TFs that get released today, Legends are FUN! They are simple enough to transform that they can be transformed in something like 10 seconds. They are not as posable as their bigger brethren, but they are posable enough that don't look like bricks. And you can fiddle with a whole bunch of them at the same time.

If I were a kid today and not a collector, I think I'd prefer Legends figures to the larger ones for playability. The bigger ones are nice as puzzles, but some of them are so complex that even us adult collectors get frustrated with them at times.

Your thoughts? Legends - yes or no?

2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always liked Micromasters when I was younger and whilst I rarely buy Legends anymore as I prefer to save my money for Deluxes and Voyagers, I like Legends as they allow for people (or kids) on a lower budget to get their fix of Transformers.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    legends are awesome, i love them for the minibots, and the bigger characters fit nicely with hybrid prime

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Legends
    -Devastator with individual bots
    -all three Dreads
    -all three Wreckers

Mainline
    -Devastator OR individual bots
    -just Crankcase, with clipped fingers
    -Leadfoot's coming... eventually

And of course Legends = cheaper :D 

5. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They hold that same feeling of TFs but cheaper! And it seems you can get some more life out of them than a bigger figure can, at least to me.

6. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm a big fan of the legends/cyberverse size class. I feel some of these figures are the best in my collection.

7. Diend Prime

Diend Prime Well-Known Member

I love the legends figures. They're quick and easy to transform, don't take up much room on the shelf, and you can take 'em anywhere to easily snap up some nice shots in different locations.

8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Totally agree,for me Legends are super for these reasons,here they are.

1.They are basically about $5 apiece which if your not rich like some on here they are great for the little money you have.
    2.As someone said they are simple transformations but great to play with.
    3.The sheer size of these makes them perfect for any collection as they don't take up space.
    4.And the scale especially in robot mode is wild,they all seem to be within a hair or two of being the same height.

9. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

If I were still a kid, my dad would buy me legends sized toys. Later in the G1 era, the toys started to get really expensive, like $20+ (Canada), so my dad switched to buying me the micromasters since they were only $4.99-8.99 for a pack of 4.

I find the legends class really fun to play with and the new RTS figures really hit it out of the park. Way better than the WST line

10. Evil'Con

Evil'Con Genericon

News Credits:
    Main lines are great for display.
    Legends and Commanders are best option if you want to set a litle battle on desk, or even a litle war. Like mini-cons, they also look awesome when you made a collection of whole cast and put it on display. Less money and less space.

11. Evil'Con

Evil'Con Genericon

News Credits:
    EDIT: Sorry, double post.

12. AMG

AMG Old School

I love Legends and Cyberverse. They're fun to pick up and fiddle around with.

13. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

They're small enough to take with you on a trip or have some on the office. They also work great for posing combiners.

14. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I only collect Legends, and similar sized figures (PVCs, Kabaya kits, etc). I've got quite a large collection now, and they are great in terms of price, availability, fun, range of figures and the size allow you to have a large collection without taking up too much space. They are also not too delicate, unlike WSTs. I love 'em! :) 

15. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    They make good display partners for Deluxe sized jet-formers, like DOTM Starscream/Thundercracker I guess.

I never really liked the original Micromasters though..it probably didn't help at the time I was in a phase in which I craved
    for voyager sized intricate TF's....then Hasbro brought us quite the opposite with Micromasters.

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Legends are awesome.

They are scaled great to Maximus, Metroplex, and the like, they're cheap and easy to transform. Usually they're well articulated, and perhaps most important of all, they're fun.

I have transformed Legends/RTS Optimus Prime far more then I have ever transformed Classics Voyager Prime. Legends/Henkei Cosmos is one of my top 10 favorite Transformers of all time.

17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

I love those little guys. Also, they did it right this time around instead of what they did with Micromasters. Had I been in charge of the Micromaster project, I would have had the entire line be the equivalent of Legends. Most of the Micromasters lined up pretty well with the larger counterparts. Hell, when I got the 4 packs that had the blue A-10 and the yellow Lambo, I essentially ignored the packages and treated them as basically the Seekers and four of the Autobot Cars from S1 and S2. Much more fun this way.

18. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    I love this class.

After all, it's the only non-MP G1-accurate Megatron we've ever gotten!

All the scrambling for combiners among the FOC crowd should be for classics-style Legends. Sure, they won't do tricks or look like super-anime-warriors but they're still gonna be cool.

More Legends, please.

They also make good empties for Straxus/Darkmount to boss around.

I bet Legends Wreck-Gar wouldn't get broken handlebars! Legends Scourge wouldn't make me worry about his beard during transformation!

19. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was initally non-plussed by the size but they have really grown on me. Legends size goes well with the combiners too.

[​IMG]
    I promise I'll stop posting this image from my display from now on ;) .

20. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legends are fun to play around with, the only thing I don't like is when a character gets released only in that size and not deluxe+
    I like my deluxe shelf and would like to see more G1 characters there :D