Minor/Repaint: Legends Upgrade Perceptor

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jestermon, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

So, I dug out me old Legends Nemesis Prime, that I made from the Allspark 2 Pack Ironhide that came with Desert Blackout.

I got to realizing that his cannon looked alot like Perceptor's microscope.

Then I remembered Enforcer Ironhide, but then I found one at K-mart today.

So I have set off on my new Perceptor, the black and silver and yellow were easy but I had to mix up that horrible scrub colored blue/green.

Also have to turn the head into something more fitting, wish I had a spare Legends Smokescreen/Rodimus head it would be perfect.

And red does photograph horribly.

Attached Files:

2. jestermon

Ok, so here is the final version, yep I finished something it's like the second time ever.

I was going to make his windows yellow, but I was proud of the perceptorish green blue aqua scrubcolor I had made and went to town on the alt mode.

Took off the stacks thought they looked alittle too aggressive, now he has "science pods"?

Sanded down the cat ears, left the mouth part it is the movie aesthetic, didn't want the cat eyes so I filed out a channel and made him a visor.

The left arm was the inspiration for this and on the other well he has more "science pods" with little glowy yellow lights.

Painted the upper chest more silver to kinda represent the glas part, was thinking about making a carbon copy of the G1 but I don't think it would fit without totally sanding down all the details and building entirely new ones which would be nice.

Wish I could get my hands on another one and a smokescreen Rodimus head but hey I finished SOMETHING!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      55.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      64.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      66.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      73.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      47.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      54.2 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      37 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      42 KB
      Views:
    • 9.JPG
      9.JPG
      File size:
      37.5 KB
      Views:
    • 10.JPG
      10.JPG
      File size:
      68.7 KB
      Views:
  3. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

wow, that looks really nice!, but i think you should have only kept on of the arm cannons. Still looks a little too much like ironhide with both of them on.

4. jestermon

I can see that, I definately would like to get another one of these for more extensive changes, but this grounded my idea in toy form for the time being.

I delved into the wilds of K-mart for this guy, since he sold out everywhere else.

-Your lone cannon idea, which I had never thought of thanks, it would make him look less Ironhide and more science.

-replacing his futuristic sea shell chest with G1 chest

-That damn head I keep talking about maybe I can find a clearanced Target Smokescreen 2 pack the one I went to only had tons of the twins left.

-some sort of clip on hand G1 gun

-sand down the front of the legs entirely and make them more G1 from the thighs down.

It would also be neat to have one of the newer sniper design version, I can see an army of Perceptor trucks now.