Heavy/Scratch: "Legends" Spectro and Spyglass

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Tresob, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used Shapeways full-color plastic option to print a Legends-targetmaster-scale Spectro and Spyglass. Their heads end up looking way bigger than Viewfinder's in order to preserve facial details, but it mght spoil the scaling. Also, you can see the Shapeway's fcp is a bit desaturated.

The figures have articulated shoulders and hips using c-clips and rods--although I cheated a little and stuffed tissue in the clips for friction. I'll have to increase the thickness of the rods in the future. Something must have gotten worn down in the cleaning process, and the joints ended up being too loose. They don't transform, so I guess they are like micro-action masters.

But despite all those problems, I was pretty excited about these guys and wanted to share the pictures:

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. FrankTheFroggy

FrankTheFroggy Do you even lift?

I like it! Reflector has always been one of my favorites, so it's great to see something like this!

3. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Nicely done... :thumb 

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, very cool dude. They look just like the originals

5. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    The're cute! Hinges in WSF P can be a real beast. The polishing process can mess things up even if you've designed them perfectly. I find that coating the male part with krazy glue and letting it dry can fix it.
    How did you get them to do multiple parts in colored? They told me that it had to be all one piece? Parts tree?

6. Cheetimus Prime

Cheetimus Prime Lost Spark

News Credits:
    They look like sour gummy candies. I WANT TO EAT THEM!

7. Galaximus Prime

Galaximus Prime Humans are so plicomcated

Actually, that sounds like an idea someone needs to work on! Create a series of Micro Action Masters, with jointed limbs and a diorama!

8. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks x3!

I've been recommending the same to people who order items...I love Shapeways, but the unpredictability of joints really cripples my ability to produce "plug-and-play" models.

As for color, I registered to join the full color plastic pilot program (anyone can join, I think--but it is a designer material, you can't sell it in your shop yet). It basically looks the same as full color sandstone, only more desaturated. In theory, though, you can have articulation because the plastic isn't as fragile or rough as sandstone.

You might have also seen my full color plastic kre-o-scale cassette minions and micro-robot heroes Skids.

I know! Do not give them to children!

I keep meaning to do just such a thing for all of those Metroplex owners out there....