Legends Of Tomorrow (Arrow / Flash Spin-Off)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by BScorpinok75, Apr 27, 2015.

1. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Season opener was great...Reverse Flash was certainly a surprise...

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

So none of you guys heard that the big bad for season 2 is the Legion of Doom? Damien Darhk, Reverse Flash, Merlyn, and Captain Cold. Nobody?

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I haven't watched the episode yet. Is it at least better than everything from Season 1?

4. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did, but I didn't know Merlyn was part of the group.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Yeah, I'm surprised at the surprise so many people have at Reverse Flash appearing.

This was a good first episode. Lots of action, and a tiny bit of mystery. It was cool seeing Rip fighting with a sword, and as brief as it was, seeing the Wave Rider fight a submarine was cool, too. The ground battle with the Nazis was OK. Just standard fair. I was a bit worried that they were gonna have the revenge driven lesbian beat Darhk, but have to let him go, because gay girl power, but thankfully they remembered that Darhk was the runner up for Ra's Al Ghul, so would be way more capable. I suppose there's no real precedent for these shows doing that sort of thing, I guess Author Darvil just put me in the mindset of watching the current Doctor Who showrunner's pandering. Speaking of Sara, it was funny seeing her about to be hanged as a witch for seducing women, before she gave those guys what they had coming. Also, the brief bit with the T Rex was cool. I'm amazed Ray lasted long enough to grow that beard. It'll be interesting to find out what happened to Hunter, and to see what part the JSA will play in the next episode. I also look forwards to seeing how the rest of the Legion of Doom teams up. I'm guessing, once the Legends prove to be a real problem, Eobard will travel through time to pick up his own group.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  6. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

JSA finally appeared aaaaannnnnnd the only one i know is stargirl.... and i think the black girl is dr.midnight.. or something... what JSA doing in earth 1 anyway? they are from earth 2....

7. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

ah is this back too? cool

8. jogproof

jogproof Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The woman in yellow is Vixen (the current ones Grandmother)
    the Man in blue and Red with stripes is Henry Heywood, Sr. / Commander Steel (the new guys Grandad)
    The Hooded one is Todd James Rice / Obsidian
    The man in the goggles is Dr. Mid-Nite.

• Like Like x 1
  9. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

i wonder what are the chances of seeing Power Girl, Original Lantern and Dr.Fate... original flash is in earth 3, so he isnt going to be here.. and we are probably going to see Hawkman and Hawkgirl again...

seeing all these JSA member that i dont know make me feel like i'm watching Agent of shield XD

• Like Like x 1
  10. jogproof

jogproof Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The Magic Green Lantern is Obsidian's Dad but they wont let them use him or any of the real Gl Corps, And that probably includes Obsidian's Sister Jade. I want to see Sandman (because I loved his super short appearance in Smallville) and old school Mister Terrific (mostly so Arrow can reference it when Mr. Holt chooses his name)

11. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Yeah that was way better than last series, seems to have a more focused direction and theres a lack of lame hawk people.

12. lars573

Well first off no Power Girl, as she's Earth 2 Supergirl grown up and moved to a different universe. Only chance to see her is if they do an Earth 2 Supergirl episode. I'm not sure what the deal is with Lanterns and the CW it's possible WB won't let them be used. Dr. Fate who knows but his helmet was a prop in Constantines bunker. And since they absorbed that series into the CWDC-verse no Spectre yet either. The problem with this JSA is that it's choc-o full of characters that were never JSA members in the golden age. The only OG member is Hourman. The rest are guys retconned in to the team in the 80's (Dr. Mid-Nite), modern legacy members (Star-girl and Obsidian), or were never members at all (Vixen and Commander Steel)

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    In my case I was more surprised to see them actually utilizing good story telling elements by already sowing the seeds instead of having them suddenly show up as a fully formed group for a two part episode or something. Sadly, I expect the later from the CWDC-verse than I do the former so color me surprised when they actually actually do something written well.

14. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great potential with time traveler and an immortal teaming up. If Reverse Flash introduces himself to Damien early on in Damien's life, then he can just find him any time after that and Damien will be like "oh, hello again, nice to see you again, no matter when Reverse Flash travels to.

15. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I tend to try and not follow spoilers to increase my enjoyment of what should be suprise reveals. This time, it worked!

16. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Huh. So they still don't have Rip back by ep 4. I guess they're really stretching that out. Might be good, since it'll give them time to flesh out Sara as a leader, which should be interesting. As I recall, she did spend most of season 1 just being the brooding one, so I look forwards to seeing them develop her a bit more.

Edit: I'm starting to think, between this and my last post, someone is gonna think I hate Sara, when I really don't.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Only one episode in but it feels like the show is attempting to have more fun. I'm liking the idea that the team is running around attempting to fix history the best they can instead of being bogged down with something like the Hawk story of season one.

Although it does seem like the CW is sending mixed messages on time travel. On Flash it's bad and someone has to explain to Barry about how you can't fix time nicely but this show is hey it's okay to muck with time a bit. Also a bit odd how messing with the time line is too conveniently limited to just one of the shows when all of the shows are supposed to be connected in some way.

19. lars573

Your trying to compare one guy who thinks he can swing a hammer (and barely has a hammer) trying to build a house vs a trained and experienced carpenter and his team of apprentices and a truck full of the right tools trying to build a house. Who's project do you think will turn out better?

20. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Yeah, I did think that Barry really should worry too much about changes that he makes as the Legends are merrily screwing up the timeline without a care in the world...