Legends Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by havanowoncheese, Jan 31, 2010.

1. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

So as the topic implies this is about legends Devastator. Saw him today at my local walmart and was excited than i saw the price on him. $32. Thats alot for the amount of plastic you get with him. So my question is he worth the price of $32?

Please let me know what you guys think on this toy!

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    This has been touched on quite a bit already. You get 7 Legends figs for $32. That's only $4.57 for each Legends fig, which is cheaper than they usually are.

Would you prefer they were sold individually for $5?

$32 is a great price for the set, and it will probably get discounted eventually like Walmart always goes. You can chance it and wait for a price cut, or just snag one now while they are already a good eal.

3. havanowoncheese

I realize that part it is much better than individual i mean quality of the toy is it fun and what not

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, excellent toy, lots of fun. Especially if you like combiners to begin with like I do, because in terms of imagination and design, he's one of the better ones.

Plus, consider that the average cost of a Legend is $4.99, and you get seven of them in the set, it's actually a case of getting seven Legends who also combine for less than the price of buying seven individually.

The individual components are not 100% flawless, but as a set, they complement each other nicely and it's a great alternative to the big Devastator. Plus all the components have their own robot and vehicle modes, and it's the only way to get toys of Overload, Scrapper and Hightower. Scrapper and Hightower are excellent, Hightower is one of these toys who is very unusual, he's got a very different kind of robot mode and everything, but he's kind of fun with it. I really like the little guy.

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    This is true, but some of them are among the very worst legends figures I've come across.

Overload and Mixmaster are particularly wretched.

Hightower is a lot better and more fun than I'd been expecting. He might just be the first Legends figure with a sort of automorph/mechalive feature.

Scrapper and Scavenger are also pretty good.

6. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I got the EZ version through the post not long ago. It is a brilliant little thing that is well worth the price tag. The most obvious thing you get is robot, limb, and vehicle modes. When they are combined together, Devastator is around the size of a Deluxe. It's a lot of fun to muck around with.

I will offer a warning about the combining process, however. They can require a bit of force to clip into place. I may have ended up applying too much force when I first did it; I ended up holding a Long Haul leg with the rest of the figure on the other side of my study. Tell you what, though, the bit flew remained combined even after a three-and-half-metre flight through the air.

In short, it's bloody good fun and well worth the time and effort and money.

7. bwheeler0018

bwheeler0018 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think its a great deal... I was the sucker that bought the Takara set month ago for 59.99 off BBTS. Im getting another when I see it.

8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think all of you should post pics in an effort to convince us. Hehe. I'm on the fence with this one too.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If my Oversized KO is as good as advertised, I will probably pass on this set.
    *bigger makes it easier for me to work with*

but i am an impulse shopper.
    if i am truly bored or something, and it's in reach, i may grab one anyway.

IMO, this is one of the few GREAT ideas to come out of the RotF line and should be picked up- and at $32, damn, that should make it a lock for most.
    better grab em before the ebayers do.

10. havanowoncheese

I just watched Peaugh's review on them again and i am sold now. I am definitely pick this guy up.

11. Sidewave

Sidewave Autobot

News Credits:
    I have the ez collection devs and I personally love it, I keep mine on display in devastator mode and I play with it time to time, even though i must say $32 is a great deal considering i got my ez collection devs cheap at $56

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    If they get discounted, I may buy another so I can have them in both modes.

Also, the Hasbro packaging is pretty nice, it displays really well.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've had to stop displaying mine on my desk as I keep stopping to take Devs apart and transform his components back and forth before recombining again. He's so evil he's stopping me from getting anything done. Little grinning time-absorber.

14. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

$32 seems about right where this should be priced. I'd suggest buying one and saving the receipt so you can get the difference if it goes on sale within the next three months.

15. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    How big is the oversided KO? I've been considering getting it since I don't like how small the Legends version is

16. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Taken from teh ebay, oversize KO with regular size KO:
    [​IMG]

17. BonecrusherCA

BonecrusherCA Plastic Crackhead

This may have been asked in another thread, but where would one find said oversized KO?

18. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    KO Toys!

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    That's a very good price for it. I paid for my Takara EZ version around the the same price you pay for the regular Legends figures, actually a bit lower. :) 

As others have said this Devs is a lot of fun and well worth getting. :) 

20. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    When you look at it and consider how much individual Legends cost, it's not bad.

Better than paying $60+ sans shipping.