Minor/Repaint: Legends Class Transformers Prime Arcee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ribieconvoy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Just a proof-of-concept thing really. Had an extra few Gundam markers, and Legends Prowl I bought in the Junkion with a broken shoulder (broken due to my own stupidity :eek:  ) and a Monday afternoon. Th metallic blue is PERFECT for Arcee, and if it comes across rough in the pics, it isn't. The pink however, is. Very much so. Nothing was resculpted, just a small marking was made on each of Prowl's wings to simulate the fact that Arcee's "wings" are made up of two pieces. Will be retouching up some areas due to the fact that I couldn't wait to transform this and scraped some paint off. No Autobot symbols, couldn't get one THAT small to put on her wing and be show accurate :p  . Plan on painting Deluxe Prime Arcee up with some more of that nice blue Gundam marker when she finally arrives. Much more professionally. Will be using better pink though. No professional sort of photos because like I said, just a proof of concept. I like it though and it'll have to do until October. :) 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      109.2 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      101.2 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      248 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      111.6 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      106 KB
      Views:
  2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i see where you be headed here.

3. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is VERY clever - the bot mode/alt mode similarities are pretty strong!

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    That works really well. Only thing that looks a bit out of place, but considering how vastly different they are, that's not much of a surprise. :lol  But other then, looks very nice. And indeed, that blue will look great on deluxe Arcee. :thumb 

5. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Oh, what a great idea!
    I really love the concept, maybe you can do something similar out of dlx Prowl, huh? ;) 

6. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

The head still looks too much like Prowl. I like where you're going with it though. Maybe you can re-sculpt the head.

7. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Thanks!
    Don't plan on doing the same thing with Deluxe Prowl, unfortunately. The only reason I got away with this is because at this scale, so many essential details to the character were lost ;) 
    I do see where you're coming from, I probably could resculpt it, but at this point, it just seems as if it were too much of a hassle. Like I said, just a proof of concept. On a shelf across the room, it looks like TF: Prime Arcee, which is exactly why I made it. :) 

By the way, is this the first Prime series custom on these boards (aside from WFC, of course)?

8. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kills me, if not for the fact that the TFP figs are coming out soon - it's not impossible to transform (see what I did there...) TFA DLX Prowl into a decent TFP DLX Arcee.

All you'd really have to do is re-shape the face, shave the shoulders, mod the wings, lengthen the knee-armor, pop-off the lights & add detail to the gas tank - but it's all very minor; the alt/bot modes are fairly easy to interchange...

Compare:
    [​IMG]
    -vs-
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: