legends class question.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Atlas Prime, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Atlas Prime

Atlas Prime holdin up cybertron

remember back in 2005 ,right after the movie was announced, the Cybertron line was introduced and a new size class was introduced? the class called Legends Of Cybertron. Does anybody know the reason that they have continued using the class, but just as Legends now. Just being called legends makes no sense.

2. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

Problem is that name is the same but nothing else. Some one else might get the names right, but the orginal legends of cybertron where takaras line of G1 ruber figures. Sorry the name is escaping me(I have both US and jap releases but can not rembember the orginal name). The current legends are a new size class and quite nice for kids.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I understood it as "Legends" was the class and "of Cybertron" referred to the toyline it was a part of.

It just so happens that it didn't really make sense later on (Legends of Universe, Legends of Classics, Legends of Movie, Legends of ROTF)... Which would lead me to believe they just cut it to "legends"

Or maybe I'm just making things up again.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Wasnt that Heroes of Cybertron (The American release of the Takara PVC figures line)?

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yes. Heroes of Cybertron was the name of the PVC figures (called SCF in japan).

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds reasonable and pretty spot on actually.

7. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    ^ seconded. Besides, calling them Minicons or TinyFormers would have been confusing, and they would have had to pay Matt Moylan a hellalot of money to call them LilFormers. :lol