Legends Class Only?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Darksky, Apr 18, 2011.

?

Which do you collect?

1. Legends Class ONLY

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Anything and everything that comes my way

6 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. I don't have a specific class - whatever appeals to me

48 vote(s)
    70.6%
  4. the HUGE classes

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  5. other classes

8 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. I don't, I'm broke

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Darksky

Darksky Decepticon-in-Training

anyone else collect exclusively legends class??

here is my collection of 45 (1 hidden - i dare not open a rare vector prime i recently unearthed from a toy shop) turning 50 soon after i buy a couple more.

sorry if they're not hi-res, will take hi-res in the future.

show me yours?

Attached Files:

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Only have the G1 related legends and a couple ROTF ones. Have movie Wheelie and Ravage for scaling (and I think they are better than the deluxes). Got Mudflap in the set with the warpath repaint, and had to then pick up Skids to go with him to sit under Turdastator. Then randomly picked up the Fallen. No idea why, but I kind of like him.....but don't know where the hell I hid him.

I really don't much care for the detailing on a lot of the movie ones. Mainly just buy what I like. If I think it is cool, I will buy it.

Oh yea, also have Legends Devs (both US releases) MISB and MIB.

3. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I do love legends, but only tend to buy them if I come across them. I don't hunt for them or whatever.

I did, however, pay out around £25 for the Henkei Spy Team. I wanted an "in-scale" Wheelie, and figured Cosmos looks fine at that scale aswel. Warpath is just a lovely little guy.

4. Born Toulouse

Born Toulouse Paranoid Security Chief

I'm the complete opposite regarding collecting habits, I collect figures from every size-class except for Legends ;) .

Well..and I also own a single scout figure only until now, and that's Windcharger. I personally think that it would be nice to get all remaining G1-Minibots as Scout sized figures, cause that would work pretty well with the Deluxes scale wise. Brawn, Beachcomber, Cosmos and gang would look pretty well I think...Legends are just a bit too small for my likings.

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I should. I only wanted my G1s in original, reissue or HQ KO form but got sucked into deluxes. Now I think I should sell them or trade them and get nothing but legends because the figures represent what I want them to and take up less space and money.

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Darkshy, your collection is right up Dinobot Nuva's alley. If he notices this, you'll see!

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Didn't know anyone out there was legends-exclusive. Probably good for keeping the collection sprawl under control. :) 

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don 't really collect any modern anymore, but if I did, it would just be Legends. Would definitely collect again if there was more of a firm commitment to more G1-style ones...

9. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I collect whatever appeals to me...though I tend to have no Legends Class for their lack of detail, simplistic transformations, etc.

I do plan on getting Megatron, Optimus, and Starscream of the RTS Legends (If I can ever find them, that is...)

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

My girlfriend has a massive collection of legends. She must have over a hundred of the little buggers! The only ones I go for are the classics style figures or movie Ravage/Scorponok/Wheelie etc.

11. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have a ton of Legends, but not nearly that many. I enjoy them a lot. I obviously collect other size classes though.

12. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I need to really put together a legends only shelf.

13. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I was never a fan of the legends but they've grown on me now, especially the classics which I do collect! From the movie line, I only own Legends Ravage, Legends Wheelie, Takara Tomy legends movie Devs.

14. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've found that including some minicons into a Legends collection can work, too. Especially for scale on some of the cars. The little white formula race car (can't remember the name) makes a good Mirage stand-in. The clear version works for him, too.

Overall, I only really need a few more Legends to have them all (not including exclusives).
    Once Cyberverse comes out, I have a feeling more and more of my shelf space will be occupied by the Legions!

This got me thinking, so I was looking around...
    Is there a comprehensive list of size classes released? I was thinking of making a checklist for my Legends, but can't seem to find anthing that differentiates size classes. All I can find is checklists for lines.

15. AMG

AMG Old School

I love legends class TFs, to me they're the modern day mini-bots. Such fun little figures.

16. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I've got a few Legends figures. They're fun to fiddle with, but they're just too tiny to fit in anywhere, so I don't buy them too often. I think that'll change with Cyberverse though...those figures/playsets are looking better than the majority of the Mechtech assortment.

17. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I would have to imagine that MOST collectors buy a cross section of sizes. If you collect ONLY 1 size class, you're missing out IMO (especially legends)

18. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:

What does this rare Vector Prime look like your talking about? There is only one release and its from Cybertron and its not rare. There is also a repaint from the Target exclusive box set that is Scattershot. I have all of Cybertron, GalaxyForce, both movies, all Takara exclusives including Tatsu gold BB, Classics, Universe, Henkei, and RTS. The only ones I don't collect are from the Animated series. I'll have to take some updated pics here soon. Here is a shot of all the movie Primes except for one that is still sealed in the Kmart set.

[​IMG]

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The only classics I own are of the Minibots. Wheelie, Beachcomber, Brawn, Bumblebee, Warpath and Cosmos.

I look forward to all of them being upgraded to deluxe+ size class because, personally, I do not count Legends as havign anything to do with the main line.

20. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

In the past I only bought Legends sporadically, mostly by whatever caught my eye. I did pick up a lot of the Classics Legends, particularly the minibot-related ones. However, the impending release of Cyberverse has me a lot more interested.

After seeing the Ark playset, I realized there's so much potential there to give us a lot of the things we've been wanting, like basebots scaled to work with Legends and Micromaster updates; so I really want to support this line and hope that Hasbro realizes the potential as well.