Non-TF: Legendary Defender Voltron Neck Mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jbvirus, Feb 1, 2017.

1. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

Thank you very much! Yeah I was also looking through the Radicons forum daily before I got the figure to see if anyone came up with a good mod for him before I bought him. After awhile of not seeing anything I thought I would just give it a try myself and I am now even more happy with the figure. I cant wait to get the other lions and I have a few ideas for them as well. I wanna buy the non combining one too for the wings too but its pretty pricey as it is for me as I am having to stick with buying one lion each month.

2. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    It looks like the mod turned out good for you. I decided to bite the bullet and get the small lions as a set because I was afraid they were going to skyrocket in price and availability. And they did.

If I get brave enough I'll post pictures of the wing swap. They attach after taking the figure out of the package. I need to see how they mount in the black lion.
    The shoulders are another area I'd like to see a mod for. Limited movement there too.

3. Eddielai2016

Eddielai2016 Active Member

Heres of what i done so far. I hope the plumbers putty hardens and keep the parts in place. Take 2-3 days it says. I hope it becomes hard soon

Attached Files:

4. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

Looking forward to seeing how those wings turn out for ya. If it wirks out I think I want to try that too.
    The shoulders also bug me from some of the other reviews I have seen. I wouldnt know where to begin on fixing those so I hope someone has a good idea on that.

5. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

Awesome! That looks great man, which plumbers putty did you get? It sounds like it could be stronger then the one I got. Mine took an hour to fully harden.

6. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazing work jbvirus... I just wish there was an easier way to do this modification other than cutting up the black lion. If he were cheaper, and not so scarce in my area I'd be more tempted to try this out.

7. Eddielai2016

I got polyfilla linseed oil based putty. But takes 2-3 days to fully cure

8. Eddielai2016

Hopefully yours is strong enough and wont break off

9. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

I hear you dude, I really didn't want to cut him but I couldn't find another way to actually make its head turn without sacrificing something else on him. So to make sure I was very careful I wrapped painters tape under the area that I needed to cut so I had a solid line to go over by cutting just above the tape line with my Dremel tool.

10. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

I will have to look out for that one next time I'm out of plumbers putty. Mine feels pretty solid and doesn't feel like it's going anywhere but I like having the strong stuff as I just in case. I have an idea for the red and green lions next so actually I think I might just go out and look for that putty so I have that whenever I do get those lions.

11. Bandobras

Bandobras Distracticon

I did something similar, but I cut the neck higher. Used Milliput and a HobbyBase ball joint to attach the head. Thanks for the post that gave me the impetus to finally do it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

No probs dude, I was thinking about cutting near the top of the neck too but nerves got the better of me so I cut the lower part because I didnt trust myself. Thats great to that it worked out for ya!

13. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    ugh i wish i knew what i was doing well enough to do this...i love the figure but the limited neck articulation is such an oversight....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Foxtrot Delta

Foxtrot Delta Autobot Scout

Nice modification on the added neck joint