Legendary Comic Book Heroes

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Jul 6, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remembered that there was a thread but after going through 10 plus pages, I could find the post so I decided to create a new one.

My bud from HK picked up the Conan 2-pack set for me and I'm impressed by the quality. Have the toys been released in the States yet? If so, how's the Pitt figure like?

[​IMG]

2. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

I don't believe the figs have been released in the States yet. Man, that Conan looks dam good. I was't interested before but now I think I'll be giving this line a harder look. But I can't wait for the Search function to return though. There are some threads out there I wanna look for. lol.

3. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Conan looks good and yeah, I wished the search function was up, but I can live with it! :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

The wave 1 figures were released in Denver(WM is testing the waters or something there to see how well the figures sell)

The 2 packs however were not part of the Denver release.

And i still only plan on getting Super Patriot Savage Dragon and Ripclaw for sure while Judge Dredd is a might(need to see him in person) Witchblade and Madman wave 2 and the two packs announced so far are passes though(besides maybe Marv if he has a colored variant)

5. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Dudes...please post pictures if you got them, ok? I'm keen on the Pitt figure and Judge Dredd! I do hope they release Dredd's bike the "lawmaster" (if I remembered correctly) one day!

6. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

OMFG. I so want that Conan. That is one incredible piece of plastic.

7. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Hmm, some observations I made...as great as the articulation of the figure, the cape hinders the figure from making cool poses and it seems "pegged" to the figure. Check the picture out.

[​IMG]

8. AlphaPrime

Hmm the more i see of Conan the more i want the figure, might have to muster up for that 2 pack after all, and see about removing the cape :p 

9. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

Nice, looks like Conan uses a FO Sabertooth body as it's base. I can't wait for these to hit the states.

10. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

You can get a sneak peek here. By God, Pitt's gonna be huge!

Oh, and this has been posted before but for those who have yet haven't seen them.

11. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Good God. I don't even know who most of those characters are but they make Hasbro's stuff look like Happy Meal toys. Savage Dragon, as the kids would say, is off the hook!

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Looks like the Marvel Toys (formerly Toy Biz) seems to have finally produced a decent female figure on Witch Blade.

Pooky - thanks for the link. Pitt looks great but I don't think he was that big in the comics?! He's should be around the same size as the Hulk.

bugmenot - I agree with you that the figures look better than HML. Seems like Marvel Comics may have "killed the goose that lays golden eggs" when they got greedy and gave the license to Hasbro for a bigger payout.

But the Legendary comic book line has a drawback - the characters are not popular to kids as compared to Wolverine, Spiderman, Hulk etc.

13. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I can't wait for these toys, but I can't understand why Witchblade it getting so much love. I think her waist looks ridiculous.

14. AlphaPrime

Yeah i don't understand it either, the face is worse then quite a few of the ML ladies(not Emma or Witch or Black Widow or Black Cat those are still uglier), the lower torso is tooooooooooooooo damn thin, is she anorexic?(sp?) the waist/crotch looks just as much like it should be a diaper as Emma's crotch section and add in the fact she doesn't have any bicep swivels and well she's just not worth it.

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Dude, if you manage to remove the cape...please post pictures? :D 

Actually, I'm don't think Witchblade is well made but Marvel Toys (formerly known as Toy Biz) had more misses than hits with regards to female characters during their ML run...only decent lady was Kitty and maybe FF movie Sue (was she by Toy Biz?) , Blackcat, Rogue Scarlett Witch were...terrible IMO.

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Here's some pictures of Conan's "neglected" rival - Wrarrl!!! XD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Man, that guy looks nice too. Nice bistering evil bubbily head. lol.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And those are both the same basic mold, just that Kitty got a new bust and head sculpt.

But IMO, the best ML female mold belongs to Lady Deathstrike. It's just her arms and hunched neck that lead you to believe otherwise. But she's easily got the best legs, with strong, yet lithe muscle definition, a great hip design that flows with the sculpt without breaking it up (albeit a little awkward to manipulate. But it's certainly not as ugly as Psylocke's hip design), a good butt, and a well-defined torso.

ToyBiz really needed to learn how to improve on previous designs when it came to their female bodies, rather than to experiment willy-nilly. They finally got things right with the Sue Storm/Black Widow hip design, and then rather than improve on it, they go off in another direction and fail. Then you've got Movie Sue or Deathstrike, which again, are pretty good, and then they fail with Psylocke and Wasp again.

19. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Actually I found Psyclocke passable...its just the "creepy eyes" IMO.

20. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

:inquisiti  Are these available in stores or only online? And when will they be out?