Legend of Zelda toys?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by cryoprimus, Dec 23, 2006.

1. cryoprimus

cryoprimus Banned

I have Ganondorf and his horse but I want to see more.
    Does anyone have any LoZ toys and more importantly does anyone know a good place where I could purchase them online?

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    You mean the Horse and Rider Ocarina of Time series from a few years back? I've got all 3, Gannon, Link, and Impa (with child Zelda)

You're several years too late to find them at most online stores, but they pop up every now and then on eBay.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Those LoZ figures look terrible, even thought so when you could still find them in stores. I wish Kotobukiya could do a LoZ Play Arts line like they do with Final Fantasy but it's obvious they have some deal with Square Enix.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For that matter, I'm pretty sure that Play Arts is simply Square Enix's toy/collectible division, since the only thing produced under the Play Arts banner is Square Enix properties.

6. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

There are a bunch of those Master Sword with Hylian shields on e-bay. I've been pretty tempted to pick up a set of those, they look good on MP Prime.

There are also full sized stainless steel Master Swords too (I just bought one last night).

But as far as toys go, I haven't seen much aside from those OOT figures from a few years back and the aforementioned pieces.

7. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Theres a severe lack of Nintendo characters toys around. I think a Revoltech Link would be pretty cool, it seemed to work with Dante.

Kinda sad that we don't even have gashapons.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd quite happily take a set of Gashapon Zelda toys. The Mario VS Donkey Kong ones I have are good (Mini-Mario and Bob-omb)

9. [Smoke]

[Smoke] Maverick Reploid

I've got a few Zelda toys:

[​IMG]

The four Links each came with a sword and shield, and an extra item. Green Link with a fairy, Red Link with a bomb, Blue Link with a bow, and Purple Link with a green and a blue Rupee. Not too poseable, but still quite nice to have around.

[​IMG]

And then there's this guy, who appears to be some kind of numbered exclusive(385 out of 500 marked under the stand), is fully unpainted(Painted versions were also available) and looks pretty nifty. Very detailed for a figure of that size, the sword and shield are removable and he's pretty poseable.

10. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Woah, that's some kick ass stuff. is that Guts Man?

Also, where did you get those links? I want some!

11. [Smoke]

[Smoke] Maverick Reploid

That's Gutsman.EXE, Blues.EXE and Rockman.EXE(Not pictured: Roll.EXE since my girlfriend has that one) They're all plushes from Japan, and they're pretty hard to find these days because they're out of production.

As for the Links, they're Japanese too and available with a variety of expressions. There's also a set of Wind Waker figures with accessories. Should be available on eBay, although prices can vary.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got a couple of the Majora's Mask Links (Link on Epona, Deku Link and Zora Link), as well as a set of "collector figures" of Zelda, Link and Ganondorf from Zelda 64. Will try to figure out where they went, they're in my room somewhere (I think)

13. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

OO. Do a mini review of it when you get it. I've been looking at a few and debating. There is one for about 50 bucks which I thought was a little cheap but it looks fantastic in the pics.

14. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you mean one of these?

[​IMG]

Bought one for a friend for Christmas (a true friend buys you weapons for the holidays!) and I had my own time with it...

It's 7 pounds of pure joy! It's pretty accurate to the games and looks damn good in person. I wouldn't go trying to slice anything with it though as it's not sharp and the metal may chip or crack if you hit something too hard... though, you could REALLY fuck someone up if you did hit them full force with it. So, in closing, it'll make a nice sword shaped metal club if you need it to be.

On a side note, I do plan on getting one for myself... and hopefully someone will make a good looking Ganondorf sword from either Orcarina of Time or that light blade he uses in Twilight Princess.

15. Primal84

Primal84 Well-Known Member

Well I got the Target exclusive Sword & Shield by Master Replicas last month. :rock 
    Also comes with a soundtrack!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

yeah, it's cool, but for damn near the same money I can get that real one on Ebay. :) . Thanks for the review on it.

17. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Check your Targets for the Master Replica sets. Last week they were on clearance for $33, and I'm sure they'll go even lower than that. The Target I saw them at had over a dozen of them left. Sadly they don't seem very popular, probably because of the price. But with the detail, the fact they are solid metal, the soundtrack and the nifty box, I felt like $40 was a great price.

As for other Zelda toys, the horse and rider sets from a few years back are alright, but they go for over $40 on Ebay now and they just don't seem worth it. The Epoch figures for Majoras Mask were a little better, but finding a Link nowadays is like finding a five-leaf clover, and I've seen them go for over $100. The gashapon Windwaker figures are cute as heck, but they don't really deliver either.

Someone seriously needs to do some good Zelda figures, and with Twilight Princess out now and getting good reviews, hopefully we'll see some. I don't carewhat scale they are, but I'd love some 6" scale figures. If someone were to do them in the style of the Square/Enix Final Fantasy figures I'd be in heaven. I'd love a whole line of characters, but I'd be happy with just Link and Epona.

A 12" scale Link to hold the Master Replicas sword and shield would be really damn cool too.

18. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Try this...

They're solid plastic.

19. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Er, maybe if you're dillusional. I have the set, and aside from the handle and strap on the shield, they are cold, hard, solid metal. Do you even have one?

20. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have OoT adult Link and Epona