Legend of the Seeker

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did a search for this and found nothing, which I found REALLY strange considering the interest of my fellow Transformer fans. Really? No one watched or cared about this show? I, unfortunately just discovered it, but I have been hooked since I started.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Mind telling us what it is?

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, not at all, Splitty. I'm really surprised that this show came out of nowhere because I figured I would have picked up rumbling of it somewhere.

It's produced by Sam Rami in the spirit of Xena and Hercules. BUT, the show's production is higher than those shows and the story is a little less goofy. It's not based on any Greek mythology, it's based on the relatively popular Sword of Truth novel series. The acting isn't too bad, the characters are pretty solid, and the individual episodes stand alone as well as tie together into the grand story.

Worth a viewing of a few episodes. Like some shows, the pilot isn't GREAT, but it's still not bad either, and it does get really good as it goes.

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/

4. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

My friend's addicted to it. She likes Rahl and Giller. o.0

5. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Been watching it since the beginning of the year. Definitely my type of show. I was surprised to hear it was done by the team behind Hercules and Xena, since I use to watch them as well. I was worried we'd only get one season of this show, but I'm glad their doing season 2 now. It seems next season might have more fantasy type villians?

6. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I'm a fan of the show, even more so once the channel it airs on here got bumped up to HD. I think this show has a lot of potential, so I'm definitely looking forward to season 2.

7. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    From the title alone, I always assumed "Legend of the Seeker" was some sequel to the shoddy "The Seeker The Dark is Rising" film. But, aw, snap Rami and co. are behind this? I might have to take a look at this show now.

8. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

Legend of the Seeker is an adaption of goodkind's "Wizard's first Rule".. one of the eponymous 90's fantasy doorstops.

" The Seeker " should have been an excelent movie.. the book series has won dozens of newbury medals and stuff.. but they screwed it up because hollywood is populated by idiots who actually care what focus groups (brain dead Morons) have to say

9. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Is this book a good read, if you've read it before, I mean?

I'll say, I didn't expect much after watching the trailer, it seemed to deviate extremely from the atmosphere I got from just reading the description. I think my mom has a copy of said book somewhere in the house. I kept meaning to read it.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I know the books are absurdly dark and gruesome in places, I'm guessing the series cuts down on some of the gory details?

It's one of the things that's kept me from picking up the books to read.

11. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

They are on my list, but I don't read to many of those huge books like that.. not when each is 7-800 pages and theres a dozen of them anyway..

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say it's gory, but it's definitely not for kids either. There is definitely death, and definitely the implication that many are dying in the battles. But nothing that I have seen was gory in any way. Just a fantasy somewhere between LOTR and XENA. Not at epic and grand as LOTR, but not as cheesy as Xena.

13. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

The book series started out excellent, even with some over the top gore. I found that the books dipped in quality as the series progressed and the story seemed to become tools to express the writer's world view in very self indulgent diatribes. I don't mind his opinions, but it got a little preachy and overlong. Really, who needs whole chapters of characters doing nothing but spouting John Locke?

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It was an OK series IMHO. I watched it as it progressed. Although I've never read the books, in other forums it's made abundantly clear that the show and the books have only the cast and setting in common, the actual plot development and progression is entirely different.

Though I will admit that Kahlan (Briget Regan) is quite the hottie IMHO.

15. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I liked what I saw of the series. Definately toned down to PG/PG-13 for TV. Was it renewed for a second season or not? And if not where did the season end? Not on a cliffhanger I hope.

Haven't wanted to touch the books for some of those more graphic aspects. I heard there's some violent rape and sex stuff going on with poor Kahlan and some of the other female characters. Can anyone confirm this one way or the other? Cause it sounded like a decent story otherwise.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haven't finished watching it, so I can't comment on cliffhanger (watching one episode a day), but I can say that it did get approved for a second.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It was picked up for a second season and didn't end on a cliffhanger.

18. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone catch the season premiere? I thought they got off on a great start. Can't wait for next weeks episode. :D 

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    To be honest, I thought the first season wasn't much to talk about, but they seem to really have found their stride and I found myself vastly more entertained by this one episode then I was for all of last season.

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did anyone see the premier? Or care to see it? It was pretty awesome, and the Seeker world is actually being turned on its ass. I can't wait to see more.