Legend of the Guardians

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Mr. Sinister, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Going into this movie, I gotta say I was extremely skeptical because it did not look good on paper (a CGI-animated movie based on a series of children's books about slightly anthropomorphic owls fighting a war from the director of Watchmen?), but I'm happy to report I was pleasantly surprised. Zach Snyder can direct the eff out of an action sequence--even one with CGI owls--and actually made me hold my breath during a couple of fight sequences. I have to say, this is one of the most beautifully-shot movies I've seen in a long time, and the 3D was worth it since it really made a lot of things pop out that I don't think I'd have noticed otherwise. It also has the added bonus of blacksmith owls!

A bit of forewarning: this movie is pretty dark and violent--it stretches the PG rating pretty thin at times, and the bits with the "zombified" owls are creepy--so leave the really little ones at home.

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    When I saw Zach Snyder was directing, I was like "Mhm." say the 50% on RottenTomatoes and decided to wait until DVD if at all.

3. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

I love the song from the trailer. 30 Seconds to Mars - Kings and queens

I'm going to watch this movie. The 3D might be fantastic, like Avatar or How to train your dragon

4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Zombie owls? hmm. i'll might give it a shot. my dad wants to see that movie from M. Night. he can go watch that while i'll watch something else.