Legend Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by imranbecks, Jul 24, 2009.

1. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    this is so cool a fig. and i can get him into the crawling position pretty easily.using the hip joint on overload.

2. xterry

xterry Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just doing a quick review about the Legend Dev, photo before I begin to do my final paint,

[​IMG]
    first of all, this thing is much smaller then I think, even the box...
    it's even smaller then the v-class sky-warp....

[​IMG]
    As the pic that you see, and as wat we thing, it still come with dmn plastic color, but kind of good for me, at least I can do wat ever that I want
    [​IMG]
    I was thinking the back way is kind of good...but not on this...only on girl..
    [​IMG]
    with some different way to combia it, you can get a taller Dev when you want....
    [​IMG]
    The Vehicle mode is better then I think, but im too lazy to get it bck to robot mode, so just skip for those

Anyway, after all, finally get this yesterday nite, and looks good 4 me , and the price is nice, and space saver, at least I dont want to put suck a dmn big thing with a superme size in my room, and I think this will have more space to let us mod it when we want.

So I give 8/10 for this one

Will post better photo later

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Um... what?

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yeah....

not much of your "devastartor" review makes sense.

5. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    What?

6. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Um...cool figure, I want one?

7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are there any coloring/paint differences between the US release and the original EZ Collection one?

8. xterry

xterry Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont have the Japanese Legend in my hand, but compare by photo, looks like almost the same

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Cool uh..review, bro?

I couldn't much make heads or tails of it. Sorry.

Pics are ok though.

10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Edit and Revise. Please.

Thanks for the review!

11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    :bay 

AWESOME

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    ... Spiderus? That you?

13. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

You are my new god. Is there any sort of publication giving more of your wisdom?

Yeah, Legends Devvy is pretty damn cool. The individual figures are mostly good, although Mixmaster is better left in truck mode. Devvy himself is good, just a shame about the back way.

14. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    got this guy today from walmart, freaking love it, ultimate fiddly toy. The shovels kind of get in the way in robot mode as Devastator, but you can really get him on all fours looking pretty good, and getting hightowers hooks all going forward like his climbing hooks is really cool.

15. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I really love this version of DEVY. Never had the G1 version, wanted it badly . . . and keep my eyes on ebay often.

I do have the Supreme Class one too, and the Legends version is MUCH better. I had been looking forward to this since I saw the EZ version.

16. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

17. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    O HAI!

(lame lolcats reference)

18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just realized I never posted my review here... although I have done it ages ago. Here you go!

Sorry for the pic quality, my flat gets little sunlight. I tried to picture them with all their predecessors, but I did not dig out the G2 Constructicons - seeing as they are just like the G1 ones, only yellow.

Scavenger (alias: Demolishor, Steamhammer)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perhaps he changes the least over the years alt-mode wise (save for the Micromaster).

On the picture: G1 Scavenger, Energon Steamhammer, Energon Micromaster Scavenger, ROTF Demolishor, ROTF Legends Scavenger.

Bonecrusher (alias Rampage)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interestingly, the ROTF Legends version looks more like Micromaster BC then the actual ROTF Deluxe toy.

On the pic: G1 Bonecrusher, Energon Micromaster BOnecrusher, ROTF Rampage, ROTF Legends Rampage

Hook (alias Hightower, Wideload)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hate the name "Hightower" - to me, that name belongs to the hulking police officer from Police Academy, not the Decepticon's only medic/surgeon. Again, Hook was mostly a crane, it's only ROTF that changed the alt mode to a truss crane.

On the pics: G1 Hook, Energon Wideload, Energon Micromaster Hightower, ROTF Hightower

Long Haul

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only one of the bunch who managed to keep his name, shape, and even color consistent since 1985! Good old Long Haul. :) 

One the pic: G1 Long Haul, Energon Micromaster Long Haul, ROTF Long Haul, ROTF Legends Long Haul.

And a pic someone already did:

[​IMG]

Mixmaster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apart from the Micromaster, we had to wait 20 years for a new Mixmaster - AKA o'l lefty. :) 

On the pic: G1 Mixmaster, Energon Micromaster Mixmaster, ROTF Mixmaster, ROTF Legends Mixmaster.

Scrapper (alias Sledge, Buckethead)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poor Scrappy, he had to put up with names like Buckethead for a time (that sounds more like the Shredder's derogatory name.
    The Legends toy is very tall - due to the transformation, which is similar to Lockdown's.

On the pic: G1 SCrapper, Energon Sledge, Energon Micromaster Buckethead, ROTF Legends Scrapper

Overload

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the fanfics, Hauler was the seventh Constructicon, well here it's Overload. Great toy, would love if Hasbro created a bigger version eventually.

Devastator

[​IMG]

Some combined pics: He's tiny... even smaller then Micromaster Devastator!

[​IMG]

"Constructicons of the world, UNITE!"

[​IMG]

He's looking for Empire State building to climb and a girl to kidnap. I just hope ROTF Ransack is not around...

[​IMG]

"Where is my BANANA!?!"

[​IMG]

"BAM, WHAM, you slaggin' BLAM Con!"

[​IMG]

-"Isn't the Orci-Kurtzmann logic awesome? They can make Devastator with us Constructicons still being around!"
    -"But why is he so small?"
    -"Psst, we ran out of budget!"

• Like Like x 1
  19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I honestly couldn't stop fiddling with Legendstator over the weekend. SO much fun in the package.

Naturally since it's done on a smaller scale there are several drawbacks to it, namely the combined toy's articulation being nonexistent and a couple of the individual toys being not so great but the thing looks fantastic on display. The face alone is creepy and awesome!

Now for the individual toys:

Scrapper: Not bad overall, bigger than the rest in Robot mode. Really hoping to get a bigger toy of this guy down the road. My fiancee laughed at his 'power nipples' :lol 

Mixmaster: Definitely the worst of the lot. Pretty worthless in robot mode, though the paint on mine makes it look like he has a ' o_O ' facial expression which is pretty entertaining. That big combiner head had to be stored somewhere so naturally one of the toys had to be compromised badly.

Scavenger: About as exciting as the Voyager version (which isn't very exciting at all) but I think there some great engineering that went into the little mold to make it look exactly like it did on-screen.

Long Haul: Very simplistic, wish it had more arm movement.

Rampage: Middle raod Legend toy...not much to it, but the robot mode of the movie model is pretty 'meh' as well IMO. Not much you can do to make a toy of a character that has a pogo stick for a lower torso.

Hightower: Though I would hate this guy, but it's "robot" mode is weird and different enough for me to like it. the scorpion-esque layout is pretty interesting, I'd like to see it made into a bigger toy. A deluxe would be good enough for me. I'd have liked to see it in the movie as well.

Overload: I really like the CGI model that never made it into the movie and STILL want a voyager toy out of it. The Legend version will be a decent substitute for now, it's really not that bad. Major lack of hip movement (forward/ backward anyway), I think the combined mode would have been improved with those joints as well.

I think the set is well worth the price tag, and it's just fun to fiddle with. I really like it in spite of it's few shortcomings.

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thing STILL hasn't hit my Wal-marts.:banghead: