2D Artwork: Legacy Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Bumblebee765, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    This is a WIP of Ironhide from my fan continuity, Legacy. The first fan fiction of that continuity is linked in my signature. :wink: 
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully soon I'll update this thread with the colored image, which will be red. :wink: 
    Here's the link to the only other character I've drawn from my continuity: Legacy Bumblebee'
    Updated; 4/28/12:
    Added colored version.
    Autobots, roll out!

Attached Files:

2. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    Nice! But what's up with all the TFTM inspired guys?

3. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    That's just what I picture the characters looking like in my fan fiction universe. :eek:  Ironhide isn't as much like his Movieverse version as Bumblebee though. The alternate mode is pretty different, and he's red with a yellow explosion design on the side of his SUV mode instead of black. :wink: 

4. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Here's the colored version I was talking about:
    [​IMG]
    Tell me what you think! :D 

5. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Actually (to the guy who asked about movie inspirations), Ironhide seems to be very G1 inspired. From the helmet, to the color, to what could seem to be an updated alt mode of Ironhide's van. By the way, I never got why he would turn into a van. The main movie inspirations are the chest piece and one of my favorite TF weapons; The Cannons. Good job.

6. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Thanks! I was going for a more G1-styled look. I tried to have the "Mohawk" on his helmet, but I also added a scar over his right eye like in the Movieverse. The scar will actually have an interesting tale behind it in one of my fan fictions, not as a main focus, but as a sort of side-story. Like maybe a chapter in length. :wink:  Yeah, I never understood why he was a van either. It fits Ratchet in G1, but for Ironhide it's just a bit weird, so making his alternate mode fit his personality more was a priority while I drew this. The yellow explosion design on the side is supposed to be a more personality-fitting version of the yellow stripe on his G1 interpretation. :wink:  Yeah, the cannons should be on all Ironhide characters from now on! :D 

7. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Somehow I missed the scar. Nice touch. I definitely agree with you on the Cannons being permanent. In my fanon, I named them Pathfinder and Piecemaker!:D 

8. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Thanks, and awesome names! In both continuities I've created with Ironhide in them they don't have names. :wink: 
    Here's a data card I did for him, Bumblebee will also be getting one very soon, and both Ironhide and Bumblebee will be getting new artwork, since I'm redesigning my Legacy aesthetic. Soundwave's first though! :D 
    [​IMG]