Leg Panel Issue of MP09, enough justifiable for Exchange?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dogbomber, Feb 18, 2011.

?

What will you do if you have a problematic Side Leg Panel

1. I am ok. just live with it

11.5%
  2. I will use superglue to glue it

26.9%
  3. I will ask for exchange for the whole robot

23.1%
  4. I will ask for exchange for the leg having this problem

38.5%
  1. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi all, I have read 2 of the main threads about MP09 Rodimus and there is no mention about the exchange for defective part.

IMO, the most serious issue among all and seem unfixable for me (I dislike using superglue as it will mess up the plastic surface) is the side leg panel issue.

My one not only has stressmark but the ball hole of the side leg panel is so loose until the metal screw cannot "eat" it, and it keeps falling off.

My questions
    1. For those having this problem, do you get it exchanged?
    2. Do you return the whole box or only exchange the leg (disassemble it ) that having the side leg panel issue? I prefer to return the leg having problem as I cannot afford to have a new exchange piece coming back with more issues.
    3. Does it consider defective and we can ask for an exchange? There are cases where it has stressmark, it has crack and it cannot attach to the metal screw, which one is justifiable for exchange? (FYI, I bought it in Singapore)

Paying for USD 200 for this "masterpiecE" and I expect something better than a broken part.

*I still feel upset about it for since morning after opening my MP09..

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Sorry not to be any help, but this is the main issue I am worried about. In fact, I am so worried about it I haven't actually opened my MP Rodimus yet. All the other issues like foot springs and backpacks I can either live with or repair myself, but if that leg panel goes, I'm basically screwed.
    I've read some of the feedback threads and the one with the fixes for various problems for the figure, but being a totally inexperienced modder of figures, I would be terrified to even try the most simple repairs. Most of the explanations on how to fix the issue just confuse me, if I'm honest.
    I would also be interested to hear people#s comments on this issue...

3. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    I share the same opinion with you, I can live with all the common defects except the side leg panel issues.

I am interested to know the views of other people of this. How do they do? live with it or just ask for exchange for part or the whole figure?

4. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I asked AmiAmi for the leg part, and they sent out a replacement, but I did it early on, it seems they are no longer sending out parts anymore.

5. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    I got my MP09 from a local toy shop who claims they have their product directly from Japan, TOKYO. But still, it is full of defect. I have emailed and sent in pictures to ask for replacement part.

I really cannot tolerate this broken part for a toy worth USD 200!

6. thelastson82

thelastson82 Ankle tilts!

News Credits:
    I'm in the process of an exchange with BBTS. Currently, they will only exchange the figure itself, and will not exchange any parts.

I expressed my concerns about receiving another MP-09 with QC issues and they assured that the replacement figure will be fully inspected prior to shipping out however, if another QC issue should arise, then a full refund will be provided which I'm ok with.

7. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

There you go. Send it back then. I would.

8. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    IMO, if you are not happy with what you have and the figure is truly broken (stress marks and parts falling off that should not do so) yes, I would inquire about a return. The worst they can tell you is no and in that case you are free to correct the problem on your own. Most likely however, if it's broken, the store should take it back and make an exchange.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If your not happy, send it back! :2c:  Don't settle for a figure you feel is damaged.

10. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    Just got a reply from the local store which I bought my mp09, the shop owner is willing to settle this for me. Not sure how long will it take.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only if you get extremely sloppy with it. And in this case, if you're that sloppy, you've probably gone and screwed up more than just the plastic surface.

The white residue you're probably thinking of simply rubs right off. If it really bothers you that much, just use a bit of epoxy glue instead.

Even if you do get a replacement, there's no guarantee that it won't happen again. That's the one really serious flaw with the figure. Tolerance issues I can forgive, but the leg issue is just poor design. The plastic is simply just too thin to handle that ridged pin. But with glue, it's still easily fixable. Probably even more sturdy than originally, because with the pin essentially fused to the swivelling panel, it won't wobble around in there and try to tear itself free.

12. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    Actually, I have requested for a non stressmark and broken LEFT leg panel. Even as the time goes by and it has stressmark/crack during transformation, I will take it up but what I cannot accept if the manufacturing defect by pass the QC and deliver to me.

I am quite surprised not many people ask for replacement but they go for glueing it back.