Minor/Repaint: Leg Lock

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Dilborg, May 30, 2008.

1. Dilborg

Dilborg Well-Known Member

I started this project off with the idea of making a Junkion. As it progressed I wasn't happy with how things were turning out and got a little disheartened by it, even left it for a while, then decided to finish it off.

It's far from perfect, and there's lots of paint rubbed off already.

Colour wise I tried to match his scheme similar to Wreck-Gar's, but on top of that I decided to spray him with a brown paint to "dirty" him up a bit. Think I went overboard a bit....

Figure wise I went with a beat up G1 Rotorstorm. He had no rotorblades so I thought i'd do something different. I had a junker Armada Cyclonus (who was only missing an arm, but eh, he can donate) so I used his rotor. Downside to that is it doesn't fold in half so it sticks out a bit in robot mode.

I also decided to add A-Cyclonus' tailfins seeing as they moved. No other particular reason other than they can be folded up or down and I thought it'd be a neat addition. Downside to that though is one side needs to sit over the other in robot mode. No big deal though, just different from Rotorstorm. Seems to have made him a little heavy in the back though (hence my fingers in that one pic)

One thing I never understood with the Rotorstorm mold was why it had a connecting piece between the legs that kept the legs locked together. I took that out and gave him a little more movement in the legs department. In other words, he can kneel!

Finally, I had some missile pods added to the struts but I just wasn't happy with them so I took them off. Given his character, he shouldn't need them anyway.

So i'll admit it, it's dodgy, not very good, but i'll write off as him being a Junkion who doesn't really look after himself. :tongue: 

Onto the bio!

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Dude, I like the name and his bio. I'm too a wrestling fan so its interesting to see him in action. But I do have some things that kinda bother me a bit. First off the paint, you need to find a way to break those colors like for example maybe red, black, or orange just to make look cool. And finally the cockpit needs to be paints either black or some other colors so it flows together perfectly. All and all a very cool custom.

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Funky colors, and that Bio is hilarious! :thumb 

4. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I agree with what the two above me have said. I love the bio, love the bash, he just needs some color to break up all the brown! A couple darker colors thrown in, maybe black on the rotors & on the cockpit windows? Heck, maybe all he needs is a good panel lining? I dunno, but otherwise he looks great!

5. Dilborg

This is what I mean by I over did it with the brown.

Before I sprayed it it did have a few colours. Black blades with red tips, light brown body, orange cockpit, red highlights.

Early pic before he got "dirtied" up. You can also see the missile pods on the struts as well as a VERY dodgy gun which failed on so many levels it wasn't funny.

Thanks! If I can't make the figure look good, the least I can do is give them a decent bio! :tongue: 

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    trick is to spray first, then go back and add in all your details. Go add some now, the spray looks great, details will just put the cherry on top. And don't dis yourself, this can be really nice. As for your paint rub, that just means that next time you should sand all joints and places that can rub during transformation before you even start painting it. hehehe

7. Dilborg

Yeah I know. I should've been doing it for years but never have. And like I said, my heart just wasn't in this project.

8. scouse--13

scouse--13 13

i like it a lot luv the bio

9. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Dillborg- Thats understandable. Maybe the custom would turn out great. But still that's the only comment I had about it. And if you decide to make it better great.

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I think the brown spray works really well, except for the fact that you did it over your previously done detail work. :p  He really looks the part, though.

Like the guys said, some new faction stickers, a few paint apps (especially the cockpit glass and the face), and he'll look as good as his bio!

11. scouse--13

scouse--13 13

ive been inspired by ur bio for leg lock ive wanted to do a junkion befor out of my amarder side ways but dont like his head. but now with ur heel /baby face idear im going to use his minicon heads as masks ta (for the idears)

12. Dilborg

oooo that sounds like a good idea. Can't wait to see it! :D