Left Handed TFs?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Xaddion, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Are there any left-handed TFs out there? Just about every TF I see is right handed.

2. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

BW Megatron (pre-TM) probably was, what with his right arm ending in a big toothy jaw.

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

All depends on which hand you put the gun in. :p 

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

All the better to eat you with! :D 

Besides, his left hand was a tail half the time, so I'm not so sure he was right or left handed.

Are TFs even predominant in that way?

To add my contribution, G1 Omega Supreme was definitely right handed. He had a gun for his left hand! Or movie Bumblebee - or the toy of him at any rate. Most versions have the cannon as the right hand, so he would be a lefty, but I concede that is slightly tenuous.

5. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

BW Polarclaw because all polar bears are left handed but he wasn't in the show

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    As a left-hander myself, I tend to notice when someone is. Many bots could likely be either, as mentioned, it's usually pretty easy to just put the gun in the left-hand and call it as such, there are three who I can think of that there is overwhelming evidence to call them lefties:

Animated Megatron was almost always shown as holding his sword in his left hand, which unless you're a dread pirate with a dastardly trick, you always hold your sword in your dominant hand. Though this was very likely to balance off the cannon on his other arm visually, it still counts as he is consistantly shown to be left handed, from in the show to promotional art. Furthermore during the many deaths of Starscream, he caught the bomb Starscream threw at him with his left hand.

Big Convoy was frequently depicted as being left-handed except in some promotional CGI images. The cartoon itself was more often consistant with him being a left handed, for me the biggest reason to call him a left-hander is in the final battle with Unicron, when he uses the Matrix Buster, the entire sequence he's very clearly and consistantly left handed. With your life, your crew, your species, and your planet on the line, you're not going to use anything but your best. Outside of the big CGI image, most of his art he's shown as being left-handed as well in later comic series in addition to the manga.

Black Big Convoy had only one appearance in the Comic Bom Bom and was left-handed in it.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    G1 Inferno is left-handed. Mainly due to the fact that he has a nozzle instead of a right hand.

8. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would a robot NOT be ambidextrous

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Ambiguous topic.. :D 

10. Skullman

Skullman Dr. Wily's 32nd Robot

With them being robots, I don't see where they would have the mind power to be either, they would just pick up whatever it was with either hand, but, we do seem to live in a right hand world, and I can't think of any left handers. Rather uncommonly thought question, nice :) 

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually, over the years, I've looked at box/card art for weapon placement. Left-handed TFs are out there, but not as many as the rights,

12. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Be seeing you...

After removing the screw which holds in his cannon '07 Longarm is obligatorily left-handed because the only working peg is on that side.

As for why there would be handedness among robots I always figured different parts of Cybertron would have different standards, like how the United States uses Imperial while Europe and the rest of the world uses metric. So any robot built in a particular place would have vaguely similar traits because of the way the factories/protoforms/what-have-you are tooled. It would also explain, for instance, why Whirl and Shockwave have mono-eyes or Inferno and Armada Red Alert are missing a hand.

13. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Don't forget that in Beast Machines, Megatron's control harness was left-handed.