Lee's Toy Review Transformers profiles...Does anyone else collect these

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Darkhawk79, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I was just curious if anyone else buy's the Lee's Toy Review and cuts the toy profile that shows all the parts, tech specs, and alt mode. I've been getting them since they came out and was just curious if anyone else does as well.

2. Darkhawk79

News Credits:
    does anyone even know what i'm talking about.

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I do!

Here is the link for those who need it: Lee's Toy Review - Your Source for Action Figures, Toys, and Die Cast Information - Home

I have not picked any up, as I have all the Cybertron recognition guides, the 2 Transmanuals, as well as Alvarezs' Unofficial Guides 80's - 90's and his Japanese and International guides.

However, I do like Lees' guides, where it gets into more detail on parts and such, they are a great resource, I just don't need them, myself, but I would recommend them just the same.

4. Darkhawk79

News Credits:
    Yeah the guides are cool as i've got most of those but i'm what i'm talking about are on the inside of the back cover of every issue there's a profile for a transformers.....like it started with Prime as #1 and it showed his tech spec, alt mode, pieces and everything just like the ID Books for the toys....I think it's up to like #130 now and just curious if anyone else cut these off and made a binder out of them or if i'm the only one stupid enough to do this or what.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Used to pick up issues when i could find them and those profiles were extremely nice to have.
    And the guides were a godsend as well.
    it has been a while since i have seen a Lee's, though

6. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I used to get Lee`s but have always found the content in Tomarts better. I occasionally pick up Toyfare, but the price guides are pretty useless these days.

7. PrimeOQZ

PrimeOQZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was looking for a thread like this instead of starting a new one.

I too collect the back of the lee's profiles and was looking if there was a list or if anyone else collected them. Was thinking of putting them together in a binder and filling in a few gaps or getting rid of my lee's altogether except for the tf guides.

So my question is does anyone know why this stopped. It was around issue 216 or so. Haven't picked up an issue since 220. Does anyone else collect these?

8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be completely honest, I didn't know Lee's was still being published. I used to buy it whenever they would do a pull-out Transformers guide, but I didn't buy every issue just because it had a Transformer profile on the back page.

9. Viper192

Viper192 Batbot

You can still find them in some comic shops.