Customs: LED Eyes

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hey there. I have a figure or two that have light-up eyes. For example, my Armada Unicron. However, the problem is this. The eyes only flash when you push a button, and then the flashing stops. Is there a way to make it so that when you push the button, the eyes stay lit till you turn it off? I don't like seeing the eyes flash and then turn them selves off. I prefer it to stay lit and go out when I want them to.
    Any way to mod this? I think there are a few other figures that do this as well.

2. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I only have a limited experience with LED's, but I think it's the computer chip that makes it flash. If you want to mod it to stay on, you'd have to bypass the computer chip AND change the switch to one that has an ON/OFF position instead of a switch that just activates. Pretty much, you'd end up rewiring the whole eye system. It's not an easy fix.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    or just rip it all out, get an on and off switch from radio shack and ask them how you would wire it and there ya go. Pretty simple thing to do. One LED wire runs onto the switch. The switch has a wire run from it. The other LED wire is on the battery. The switch allows "contact".

4. Shwiggie

Shwiggie Likeable dryskinned biped

A switch replacement would involve wiring in something like this.

Eliminating the flash and making them constant on/constant off would involve bypassing the timer. The timer is probably the large black something on the little circuit board between the battery, switch, and/or LEDs. I'd probably scrap it and go with a new circuit using only the power wires coming from the battery, as you can put something in there that won't take up much space...at most two resistors and two LEDs with the new switch.