Least favorite continuity?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Soundpulse, Oct 1, 2012.

?

Least Favorite

Poll closed Oct 1, 2013.
  1. Generation One

3.4%
  2. Beast series

9.2%
  3. RID

8.6%
  4. Unicron Trilogy

24.7%
  5. Movieverse

28.7%
  6. Animated

10.9%
  7. Aligned

6.9%
  8. They're all good

7.5%
  1. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I can't decide between G1 Continuity (Cartoon), the UT, or Movieverse.
    On one hand, G1 was a terribly written show with crappy plots and some of the most inconsistent things ever, but on the other, it provides some laughs here and there and introduced the franchise to the world.
    The UT was overall just a mess of plot-holes, poor writing and annoyance to me.
    The Movieverse is a mess of even more plot-holes, more annoyance, and things that should never have been. Plus, it focused on the humans and not the bots--some movies can get away with primary focus not being on the things the movie is named for (Alien), but not Transformers.

I would've considered Animated, but I've been watching it recently and it's not quite as bad as I used to think it was. I still have trouble getting used to the art, animation, and character designs, and I still hate those human villains, but...

I'll have to think about this.

2. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

If I could vote twice I would Pick both Movieverse and Unicron Trilogy. The only good things to result from the Unicron Trilogy were the Unicron and Primus Toys, The Energon Scorponok toy, and JaAm. While I could say the Movieverse continuity is Bad with its incredibly Cliche'd action Sequences, It did have Megan Fox which makes up for Shia LaBoef's scrambling about the set trying to be the center of attention. Unicron Trilogy has Energon Ironhide, The Live-In McGuffins known as Minicons whose sole purpose was to activate hidden features on the larger toys, Cyber Planet Keys whose sole purpose was to activate hidden features on the toys (and Primus), Kicker, and the Energon crystals whose sole purpose was...... absolutely nothing.

3. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    UT easily. Just doesn't draw me in. Armada's OK, sort of, but E & C, do not want.

4. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

Unicron Trilogy

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I know, right? Kinda like how people hate on G1 Optimus for being unflawed, especially since we never had human commanders like that. You know, like Alexander the Great or General George S. Patton. Seriously, not everything has to be an in depth reason to dislike something. I think BW sucks because it is either slapstick ridiculous or emotastic grimdark, no middle ground whatsoever. G1 is fairly flawed, but that's the one thing it got right.

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

But animals nonetheless ;) 

7. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

toss-up BW and Bayverse

8. Scrapmaker

There was an in show explanation for it though. The "organic" parts of them were synthetic skin placed over their actual robot forms that shielded them from over-exposure to the unstable Energon radiation.

Oh well, we all have our opinions.

9. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    However, when you bring up the fact that since the skin was synthetic, they couldn't possibly have picked up the animal instincts from that one episode where Tigatron taught them how to suppress it, suddently it becomes organic material grown from a stockpile of organic material that just happen to be aboard the Axalon AND the Darksyde.

10. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    YOu think they were unflawed? They were patriots, how much more flawed can you get?

11. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Movieverse has more hate than that horrid unicron trilogy? Sad day for the fandom

12. G1Prowl

News Credits:

Oh, you.

13. Scrapmaker

Well, season 1 was a little bit of a mess. Unless the whole scanning the form downloaded the behavioral instincts of the animal too, to help them better study life-forms (as that's what Primal's team was supposed to be doing, along with dropping PX somewhere)...
    Nonsensical, but it would work. But maybe it's just better to chalk it up to season 1 being a mess.

14. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron Trilogy would be my answer if not for the fact that it came up with a lot of great ideas - it's problem was in delivery and follow-through. Energon/Super Link being the prime example. Lots of great ideas, and most of them are dropped or ham-handed. If you could redo the series with the same basic themes and ideas, but excute them properly, you'd have a great show.

Movie-univers has some problems, mostly because each film tried to do the same thing. There's an ancient Decepticon plan and somehow it's connected to a big historical Earth event too. This makes the timeline kinda messy and overlaping. Don't even get me started if you bring in the comics too. All the same, this continunity brought a lot of new ideas and twists and I can like it for that.

I think my least favorite continunity is Prime (The WfC/FoC continunity I like to consider seperate, despite Hasbro's insistence). That's not to say I dislike the show, but the universe brings very little new to the table. It is basically G1 plus movie elements with a handful of new ideas like Dark Energon. So while it often does things pretty darn well, none of it really excites or suprises me.

15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I voted all of them as good. Which is true, as all these universes have their good points and that it all comes down to your preference.

But personally, I think the rust set in with the Unicron Trilogy; ARMADA and ENERGON were a rehash of elements from previous TF shows, mixing in a ton of anime tropes (young sidekicks, anti-heroic defector, increasing power-ups, and weird dubbed dialogue) and a bunch of crazy namechanges (a traitor named Wheeljack? A battleship named Mirage?). I think CYBERTRON was a definite improvement from the two, though not too much; I was impressed with the Asgardian Nine Worlds/War Planets mythology built up for Cybertron (Velocitron, Planet X, etc) and its diversity of Transformers.

Beyond those, well, the consecutive features have been all right, on average a B.

The TFilms were nice and spectacular, but could have been much better (that’s all I’ll say on that).

ANIMATED was more cartoonish than G1 in designs and humanization, and made several changes to the TF mythos I didn’t agree with (rivals Optimus and Megatron not meeting till the end, Ratchet being a Gears/Huffer/Kup-esque dick, no aerial Autobots). But while the revision didn’t really fit some robots, it did for others (Wreck-Gar, , Swindle, the Seekers and of course Blitzwing).

PRIME is doing all right so far, but appears to be wandering in its storyline and can’t really get down to the core arc without a few throwaway episodes.

16. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Voted for the movies. Toys were good, but the movies weren't. I still like the continuity, though.

This is the truth, which is sadly ignored by many.

17. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

"Why is G1 and BW listed different? Both are in the same continuity." ~ Jetbolt. I know. I consider it different. It's very different from G1.

18. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    But FoC and Rescue Bots are both very different, for example, and yet you consider them the same?

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Movieverse.

That is the worst continuity I've ever seen.

20. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

The movieverse because it eventually kills every continuity that's not G1.