Learning experiences between man and machine

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DaraRex2.0, Feb 3, 2008.

1. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

The new movie is underway, there'll be more bots and cons (that's what we're hoping, right?) and the good guy bots will team up with the humans as it is what they do, to kick Decepticreep butt.

The question: What do you perfer? The bots learning from their human friends those sublime messages in life, or the humans learning from the Autobts what they hadn't thought of in their short existence?

2. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

To me, and this is all my humble opinion, the best dynamic between Autobots and humans would be like the dynamic between someone and their guardian angel. The humans have nothing on the TFs. This show shouldn't be about the TFs being less than the humans. If people have that paradigm, then they wouldn't like TFs in the first place. They'd prefer a mythos more human oriented. Therefore, the TFs should take primacy. They should be the more powerful and more knowledgable ones.

I wouldn't want the Autobots "teaming up" with the humans at all. Having a couple of human liasions would be fine, but no team-ups of Duhamel and Ironhide or whatever.

It should be more like the Autobots are the human's protectors against the Decepticons. The humans should learn from the TFs. Instead of, for example, having Jazz learn how to break dance from the humans.

Situations where the Decepticons use the "human handicap" of the Autobots against them should be the main stay of this series. I'd prefer it if the Autobots kept completely out of sight from the humans unless it was completely necessary for them to reveal themselves. Bringing back the entire "Robots in Disguise" main theme. I'd rather have subtlety and stealth rather than lots of big fight scenes were 100s of buildings are destroyed. I mean those big fight scenes are needed and cool, but too much is a bad thing. They should do more stealth scenes with the TFs. And I'm not talking about them trying to hide in Sam's backyard. Something along the lines of Ironhide going incognito to scout Decepticon activity.

3. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

No matter how many millions of years old you are, you can still learn a thing or two from the younger generation. So thinking that Jazz shouldn't learn how to break dance from humans is a tad silly. The Transformers CAN learn things from humanity.

I also appreciated that the humans weren't completely helpless in the movie. Humans got their butts saved by Autobots and Autobots got their butts saved by humans. Either side could have been wiped out without the other helping.

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Personally I prefer the whole "learn from each other" thing as opposed to one or the other being completely dominant. That's supposed to be the back bone of the reason the Autobots ARE winning, they're getting aid from the humans. Otherwise the 'cons would have one against both man and autobot. But the whole seeing past their differences and learning from each other thing allowed them to fight side by side and win the fight.

And the Transformers can still do the whole stealth, hide-in-plain-sight, "robots in disguise" thing. Just because some humans saw them and know about them doesn't mean they can't still hide amongst the rest of the world.

5. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Tfs should be made wiser tha any human since they lived more than humans can imagine, but they can learn from the protagonists a thing or two about earth customs.