leaked script not real?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jnmx2000, Oct 8, 2007.

1. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

since there are two threads on this and everyone seems to be excited about it and the pages are damn long now, so i figured i'd just start a new thread so everyone can see this.

http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showthread.php?t=22665&page=3

second post down, don is refurring to the "leaked" script.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, we've known about that. Some of us are actually thinking that it is real due to his reaction to it, compared to his reaction to the other leacked "scripts" that have been seen online lately. We've also got confirmation from someone that it isn't fan-made, but, that's about all that they told us. I'll look up his post and add it to this one in a sec.

Edit: Here's the guys post- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1648429&postcount=148

3. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting. So Nelson is good for something after all.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    We know all about that. Don Murphy has lied before, no reason to believe anything he says, really.

Could be fake, could be real, just don't base your opinion solely on what he says.

5. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    I personally don't think this thread was necessary, but I'll give a quick and short recap of the whole situation, in addition to what Ravenxl7 also said.

- A 'Transformers 2' treatment got leaked, mainly on Don Murphy's forum.

- Don Murphy has shoved every other possible fake script aside before, but this time Murphy went mad, resulting in a few bans for his board members. Now that is a weird reaction. Before he didn't care, but for this particular treatment, his reaction was different.

- 'Nelson', a moderator on the Michael Bay site, has told us, and I quote: 'The leaked treatment was not a fan concoction. Take it as you will'. Nelson is a reliable source, considering the other things he said about Transformers 1 in the past.

- The weird thing about this leaked treatment is, that it is dated October 2nd 2007. That is strange, because it was on October 4th 2007 that the news that Orci, Ehren & Kurtzmann are writing the script, reached us. A script is not the same as a treatment, but still...

So, is it real? Could be, could be not.

I hope it's somewhat real. The treatment has a lot of potential, and shows more characterisation.

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I have heard pieces of it, and hopefully if it is fake they rip off some of the better parts and use them. :) 

7. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Swollen Member

Ebay:
    Personally I don't think it is real. Its a little too fanwanky? Too many bots to CGI and is out in public a little too quick. I'll be extremely suprised if this turns out to be TF2.

8. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Yeap, it doens't "feel" right.
    It's TOO MUCH what we the fans wanted.
    Soundwave, THE Devasatator, Ultra Magnus etc etc.

9. SeishinKibou

SeishinKibou Well-Known Member

Even if the script is 'real' it would still undergo major changes throughout the production of the film. So even if it is the script it won't be the same as the final production.

10. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

like i said:it was a nice treatment,if real.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

My opinion of this leaked script? It's probably something somebody did to see how us TF fans would react to it and get our hopes up that's how the sequel's going to be like. Or it could be just a draft...

12. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    That treatment would probably never make it, too much good stuff, but it did make for some great reading...*crosses fingers*