Leaked Script Discussion *FAKE*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

A couple of months ago a leaked script appeared on the internet. The author of this online article, from which said script may be downloaded, believes it to be the real article - of course an early draft, but real nonetheless.

For anybody who loathes movie spoilers, I suggest not even clicking on the link. If you have already read this script or are not bothered by possible spoilers, this thread is for your discussion needs.

I find it extremely hard to believe this is the actual first draft. Here I will enumerate the reasons.
    ***BEGIN SPOILER AREA***

1. The sheer enormity and prominence of the robot cast is nothing like the first two. We meet about 50 new robots, both Autobots and Decepticons, all of whom are G1 cartoon mainstays. I'll get back to that, but it goes to saying that there is very little human involvement compared to the first two films. It is a 2 hour G1 episode with only obligatory ties to Bay's movies.

2. This script is absolutely slavishly devoted to G1 - as a matter of fact, it uses the plot device of time travel to outright negate the events of the first films in the end result and include G1 cartoon continuity complete with references to the events of the 1986 movie mentioned as factual. Mind boggling, fascinating, but above all, too much of a fan-masturbation to be real.

3. Given the hugeness of robot roles in the movie, it would be nearly all CG - there really isn't much for Michael Bay to do but supervise the VFX team. I just can't see this happening. Not to mention the astronomical cost.

4. The bulk of the story takes place in 1982, and the altmodes of all the bots are period appropriate. What's in it for GM or other automotive sponsors? Not to mention the elaborate and costly nature of filming a period movie AND the extensive, copious amounts of design work that would be needed.

5. Finally, this script is intelligently written and a thoroughly good read, but already mentioned spoilers about the plot mentioned by Lorenzo Di Buonaventura border on outright contradiction of it. In addition, the characters in the script bear no resemblence to the A-list actors already cast and the descriptions of their roles. I.e., Frances MacDormand, Patrick Dempsey, and John Malkovich.

All in all, I'd be doing backflips if this were the real thrust of T3, but I just don't see it happening. Thoughts?

2. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This script has already been long debunked as fake. Like you said, a very good read, but fake nonetheless.

Now, if somebody wanted to make a standalone animated film based on this? Pure win.

3. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    In before lock

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    That's a laugh. This script makes ROTF look like it was written by David Mamet. I can't believe people still entertain the notion that this might be worthy of discussion in any capacity other than as fanfic.

5. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    That script was, as others have said, proved to be mere shenanigans.

That said... Ew. It was way too... Twilight Zone.

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

David Mamet fucking blows.

That said, I hadn't actually read it and as framed in the article on the website, seems legit for the first 30 pages or so. Then it clearly becomes a fanfic, hence my correct conjecture that it was.

7. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Can someone mirror it? The links not working on my end, even if its BS wouldn't mind a looksee.

8. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    here we go again

9. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Long since proven fake, but I hope a few of those elements make it into TF3, such as the human and Autobot scientists developing an Energon generator and the Key to Vector Sigma.

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Ah, a member with tact, in before others are consumed by their own jackassery.

Can you provide any links or substantial "proof" that it was in fact fake?

11. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also that in the script Sam purposes to Mekala, and we all know Megan fox is no longer in the movie

12. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Ah yes, I remember this script. Certainly is an interesting piece for sure, but as stated before, it's fake.

Can you imagine if it were made real though?!

13. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Yeah. It would made Revenge of the Fallen suck less in comparsison. That´s not a bad feat at all.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I may not be able to provide "proof" that it was a fake, you'll have to take my word for it. I believe that Nelson debunked it.

And of course, everything Nelson says can be taken to the bank. And yes, I ment that as sarcastic.

Personally, I don't believe that it was the final draft that is being filmed right now, I wouldn't be quick to write it off as not beingan initial treatment or first draft.

Consider this: a so-called bogus script was "leaked" when ROTF started to roll cameras. No, it wasn't the movie we saw but there were some elements that made it to the film: Sam in school, a long road trip in Bumblebee, a tag-along friend of Sam's from school, the constructicons, a re-apearance of Scorponok (if I remember right) and an ultimate power source in a pyramid.

So I wouldn't write off the so-called "leake" for TF 3 as complete B.S.. Some elements of it might make it into the final TF3.

15. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How can anyone with common sense read this and not understand that it is bullshit? It just blows my mind. If you believe this is real, I have a bridge to sell you.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Thing is, a good number of those similarities were pretty much givens:

Sam would obviously still be in school.
    Sam would have to join the Autobots at some point in the game, and he'd have to take Bumblebee to get there
    Tag-alongs are staples in film and literature
    Constructicons are fan favorites and would therefore high in consideration.
    Scorponok being in the film? He was in the first one and survived. Not much of a stretch to bring him back.
    The Pyramid...you got me there.

Bay (or whoever directed the sequel had Bay not returned) could have hired 20 guys to create a script outline, sent them all into different rooms to brainstorm ideas, and all of them would have come back with at least 75% of the aforementioned items.

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You are assuming, of course. I'm just stating what was.

18. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

19. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Forgoing the already established canon to create a fanwank of the first generation would entirely lose ANYONE, including CHILDREN who only know Transformers from these movies, and confuse anyone who isn't a hardcore gewunner. It's commercial suicide and totally unreasonable.

2. CGI is expensive as hell. That's why the Cybertronain cast is so small. 50 more bots with alt modes and animations wouldn't be feasible in this production time frame.

3. This sounds entirely like a G1 fanwank. Micheal Bay would never agree to direct it. It's sounds like a writer who is a butthurt fan or a troll with too much time on their hands wrote this.

4. This was "leaked" months ago. Already debunked in a locked, forgotten thread. EDIT: I can't currently find it.

Ugh.

20. dazednconfuzed

dazednconfuzed Member

I always remember a "leaked" script that was "proven fake" for TF1 ... ended up basically being pretty damn close to the actual movie all in all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.