Heavy/Scratch: Leadfoot custom WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shepard Prime, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Hey all. I've been dying to complete my Wreckers trio and since I can't get a hold of deluxe Leadfoot, I'm just going to have to improvise. I didn't want to do the Topspin into Leadfoot custom because I wanted to see if I could get Leadfoots more squat-legged/portly look like he is in the movie. Plus, I wanted ports for his arsenal built into his figure and with this one, I already have his jetboosters built into the figure itself. Even tho' they are supposed to be further apart, I can live with that. I had thought about using Skids or Mudflap but neither of their car modes work for Leadfoot.

So I opted to use Nitro Bumblebee as his car mode looks the most Wrecker-ish besides the Wreckers themselves.

[​IMG]

I went into this thinking I would seriously have to dremel the legs shorter to be more like Leadfoots and make a new joint altogether. But when I was transforming BB into bot mode, I caught a lucky break because the way his legs are in the picture is the way BB's legs are before they unfold out. COmparing the BB to Leadfoot's legs, it's fairly close.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The thing I'm trying to work out is if I should rework the wheels to come up front like Leadfoot's does. I already dremeled the hell out of the inside of the chest area as well as other parts to enable it to come down as far as it has to be more like it's his gut. I'm definetly happy that he's more barrel-chested like he should be and wide overall as well as being short. I also have a lot of work to do on that head. I'm going to clay it and sculpt it to be more like Leadfoot.
    [​IMG]

I can't wait to get to painting this guy. I have a few Topspin parts that I plan on adding to his front grill to make him less BB-ish in car as well as some other alterations I have in mind. Wish me luck.

So what do you guys think? Does it work? C and C welcome of course.

Attached Files:

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

That works surprisingly well! great start!

3. imoff2186

imoff2186 Well-Known Member

I love the idea, Keep it up!

4. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Thanx!

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ah, this looks really cool. I'm really enjoying the work here :thumb