Leaders vs Voyagers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 22, 2009.

?

Leaders or Voyagers?

1. Leader Class versions

37.8%
  2. Voyager Class versions

14.9%
  3. RotF Leader Prime & Wait for potential TF3 Leader Megs

47.3%
  1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hi all, trying to decide which versions of RotF Optimus Prime and Megatron to get out of three options. I want them to be the same size class, so one isn't half the size of the other. What do you guys think?

-Get both as Leader class figures.
    -Get both as Voyager class figures.
    -Get Leader Prime now and hope that Hasbro gives us an improved Leader Megatron mold for TF3, like they did for Prime in RotF.

Pros/Cons of each figure:

Optimus Prime:
    -Voyager:
    -Pros:Cheaper, Guns
    -Cons:Smaller/out of scale, Innacurate

-Leader:
    -Pros:Larger/more in-scale, Accurate, Swords
    -Cons: More expensive

Megatron:
    -Voyager:
    -Pros: Cheaper, More accurate arms
    -Cons: Smaller/out of scale, Green coloration, Wings

-Leader:
    -Pros: Larger/more in-scale, Gray coloration
    -Cons: More Expensive, Not as accurate arms

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I don't have either of the Megatrons so I can't really comment on that, but I definitely reccomend Leader Prime. He's a superb figure.

3. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the leader versions of both. I say get the leaders and if they update them for TF3 then get new versions if you like them better.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Optimus is the best figure from the line, and Megatron is a pretty good figure. I'd recommend buying them.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Get Voyager Megs. He's one underrated and great figure.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Leader Prime and Voyager megs

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I like the Leader Megatron from the frist movie to go along with Leader Prime from ROTF.
    But I also like to put ROTF Voyager Megs up againt Voyager Prime from the first movie. I wouldn't put too much hope into TF3 Megs since the frist two haven't been too inspirational.

But if your looking for the best megs so far, ROTF Voyager is very cool IMO.

8. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Yep. Here's my answer. Leader Prime is a great figure and Voyager Megs is very underrated. Plus, they're both really inexpensive right now if you check out the sales going on. You could get Prime for $30 at K-Mart and Megs for $15 at Target.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You sure you got that right?

Cause that seems more fitting of the Leader figure then the Voyager.

Everyone raves about the Voyager, but the Leader is totally underrated due to being based on the concept instead of the actual movie model.

But he's a great figure. Awesome-looking robot mode, cool tank mode and a huge step up from the last Leader mold, which wasn't very good.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the replys.

I would honestly go that route (and repaint Voyager Megs in the process), but I want Prime and Megatron to be the same size class, so they look like they could actualy fight each other, instead of one being half the size of the other.

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post, is that I'm really liking the look of Leader Starscream, so I have a feeling I'll get him when he's released. If I do, I want to have Prime and Megs in-scale to him. So at this point I dont' think I'll go with the Voyagers (still worthy of an option in the poll). It's just a matter of how possible is it that Hasbro will be able to come up with a better Leader class mold for Megatron like they did for Prime.

Also, Leader Prime is going to be re-released in the wave with the Megatron repaint, so, depending on case ratio's between the two, I could get Megs now, and wait and get Prime without too much fear of not being able to find him in-stores. Although the downfall of that plan, is that the price for Leaders will most likely be back up to $45 at that point. Saving $10-$15 per figure could be worth buying both now.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I dunno, the idea of a smaller Megatron who's all agile and scrappy fighting big ol' Prime is strangely appealing to me.

12. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Any green problems you have with the voyager Megatron can be fixed with a single Silver Sharpie.

Sounds like the opening to a slashfic there SPLIT LIP. ;) 

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I still don't find ROTF Leader Prime as fantastic as everyone says, but it's MUCH better than the subpar Voyager mold.

I haven't been blown away by any of the Megatron molds thus far so I can't exactly recommend any of them

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    *facepalm*

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I 100% receomend Leader Prime! Go get him ASAP, he is fantastic. I have voyager Megatron and passed on leader because of the lack of articilation in the murder arm. The voyager is "ok" because of the fact that he has a back pack of the wings.

16. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    get leader versions of both Prime & Megatron because:

• Hasbro won't release an improved version of Megatron any time soon. (Unless you want to wait for TF3).
    • Leader Prime is more screen accurate than the voyager version, which is a 2007 movie mold.
    • When you get the awesome ROTF Jetfire figure, he combines only with the leader sized Prime mold.

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Both Leaders. ROTF Prime is that good and not to be passed up for any reason.

18. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    ROTF Leader Prime is a no-brainer... Megatron, though, I'm holding out for the third movie. I'm hoping in the next movie that earth will be such a dangerous place for Decepticons that even Megatron will feel compelled to take on an earth mode tank or something. I'd definitely be more interested in a Leader class Megatron with a great earth alt mode and a closer G1 vibe robot mode (like Prime).

19. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Personally, I'd hold off until TF3 for Megatron. Hopefully he will be a big improvement over the last 2 figures. On top of that, the first two leader Megs will never be hard to find on Ebay or the Junkion Exchange. If it turns out that TF3 Megs is even worse than the prior two, it should be relatively easy to get one of the first two.

For Prime, I really don't see how they can improve the Leader mold all that much. They could add the Buster Prime guns, better paint apps, and perhaps a new head with some sort of removable face mask. Unless Prime changes his appearence dramatically or has another "gimmick" in the next movie, I don't know how they could improve him.

As for the voyagers, I own movie 1 Megs and Prime. Megatron is by far my least favorite movie voyager, and while Prime is fun, the RotF leader is far better. I would probably skip the voyagers unless you really want them for one reason or another. The only reason I picked them up was because I was new to TF collecting at the time and felt I needed everything.

20. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

..I agree with what this guy said.

I think the Voyager Megs makes the goofy Leader version looking even goofier.

Leader Prime (ROTF) is a must have. K-Mart had him on sale for $29.99 (Megs too) last weekend.