leaderclass optimus $39.99 ? cheapest i can get ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by coppertop5150, Apr 18, 2011.

1. coppertop5150

coppertop5150 Well-Known Member

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    yes. our B/S/T threads. You can get it for like 20 bucks.

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you want battle-damage hooker prime? I'd try to get the original if I were you. The B/S/T thread is a good place to start.

HTS also has the battler hook for $45. If you can manage to wait for a discount it'll be cheaper.

4. coppertop5150

I was hoping for MSIB.. never opened..most in the B/S/T are opened
    just a reg leaderclass prime , with the light up eyes

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I wasn't aware that there was a Leader Class Prime that didn't have light up eyes, at least not before the Movie line.

But I guess what also might help is just what version of Leader Optimus Prime you want. I mean, there's three versions of the original Leader (original, Nightwatch, and Premium) and several of the ROTF (original, Battle Hooks, Family Mart crystal (Japanese), Black w/ orange flames exclusive (Japanese), Buster Prime (Japanese), and Buster Prime variant that comes with a redecoed Jetfire (Japanese)).

6. coppertop5150

oh goodlord... I have not bought a transformer scence 1988...
    I'll have to look closer....
    All i know is my nephew 12 wants a leaderclass with light up eyes
    the one he saw at walmart...
    just wondering if i could find it cheaper..then 39.99
    it has to be new being its his birthday gift and all.

7. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Then he probably saw the "Battle Hooks" Optimus Prime figure. For MISB and all that, 39.99 is probably the cheapest you will be able to get online unless Walmart or Target start to clearance the yellow box in the next few days (unlikely, old stuff probably won't start clearancing until the third movie's hit next month).

One word of warning: the current Leader class Optimus Prime figures are NOTORIOUSLY difficult in regards to their transformation. Many grown fans have complained about the figure's difficulty.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Then it's probably Battle Hooks. As for anything cheaper than $39.99, I highly doubt you can find a better price below $32.99, MINIMUM, for a MISB Leader Class. Unlike the dying days of G1, Transformers nowadays are in distinct Price sizes, the second-largest usual class being the gimmick-laded Leaders (who are usually Optimus Prime and Megatron, plus some third guy, depending on the series), and at retail they can go for MSRP prices of between $40-$50, before tax.

So, long story short, you're going to need to fork over a good little bit of cash for a sealed figure, especially Leader class, unless you find someone who is willing to take a HUGE loss with selling that figure (which even then, prices will not go below $20).

9. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think coppertop is looking for a steal at $20. That was mentioned by someone else. He's just wondering what the cheapest price to get a MISB leader prime is.

Coppertop, your nephew probably doesn't care about the difference between the first release and the yellow box hook but as was mentioned the figure isn't the easiest to transform. There's also the voyager prime for $20 but no electronics or light up eyes. When is your nephew's birthday? If your local Targets and TRU still have them sitting on the shelf they may start clearancing them out soon to make room for the mid-May release date of DOTM toys. I don't know when the DOTM Optimus is supposed to be release though.

10. coppertop5150

yea guys i'm not looking to steal one for 20$

Thanks for the advice about it not being able to be transformers eazy ..
    I dont think he wants to play with it very much but more of a display on his shelf

So far the lowest was 39.99 msib i have found

But i was asking becuase i have not checked TOYRUS , K-MART
    or any other places besides walmart and target
    just thought maybe someone might know if it was cheaper somewhere else..

His birthday is june 1st ... someone mentioned that the older toys will be marked down as the new dsom toys arrive....

I hate to wait and then not be able to get one in time for his birthday

11. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where are you located?

You've got a little over five weeks until his birthday. I'd give it til the first week of May or so to see if they go on sale. If no places have them on sale by then I'd just pick it up at Target for the $40 and keep the receipt. If you happen to find it for significantly cheaper when/if they do go on clearance you can return the $40 one. Normally I wouldn't recommend this but two things that are pretty consistent are post-Christmas and post-Easter (pre-summer) clearances of old stock at Target and TRU.

Keeping the receipt will also be good if the new Leader/Supreme/Ultimate Optimus is released by June 1st and you decide to go with that. Keep in mind that returning is impossible if you order online from HTS or TRU but relatively easy at Target or Walmart if you have to go that route.

12. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'd sell ya my MISB ROTF Leader prime for $40. :thumb 

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    If you are considering ordering it and happen to be a AAA Auto member, you can get 10% off at Target.com. Not a huge steal, but it helps a little. They should be clearancing them out soon too at local Targets. I know some places around here have put the clearance tags on some items already.