Heavy/Scratch: Leader Starscream

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MonkeyBusiness, Jul 17, 2010.

1. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

I've gotta say, Leader Starscream is probably the second best representation of a movie character after Leader Prime. He's such a fantastic toy, and I had a ton of fun painting and customizing him.

I made a trio of modifications to Starscream:
    - I modified the toes so they could spread out more. You do this by removing the pin holding it in place and shaping the sides so there's more room for it to move. Be careful about removing the pin though; the usual heat method can be tricky because the brown plastic has a much higher melting point than the grey plastic, so your toes might get squished or melt.

[​IMG]

The other two modifications were to his hands.
    - First, I cut off his fingers, drilled a hole through the middle finger and side fingers, ran a pin through, and gave him movable individual fingers.
    - Second, I cut off each fingertip and drilled a hole in the fingertip and the finger. I cut a small rod of the plastic bendy ties they use to hold these guys in the box, and secured it with super glue. I recommend picking up some Loctite Ultra Gel for this; it worked really well, and it's flexible so it doesn't crack like regular super glue.

[​IMG]

As for the rest of him, just standard Testors and Testors Model Masters enamels.

I had to do a lot of silver and gold to get him right, but it looks really amazing.

[​IMG]

I did the missiles in a flat olive green for a military look.

[​IMG]

And I chromed the blades.

[​IMG]

I did the gills in blue, which is technically movie accurate. I watched RotF on BluRay on my 50" plasma to make sure. Some of the other gold work came from the Masterpiece Movie Starscream pics.

[​IMG]

All in all, I'm really happy with how this turned out. Leave comments and feel free to ask questions!

Attached Files:

2. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    That looks great!

3. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Excellent work my friend! Very intuitive the mods you did for the fingers!

4. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

I can't take credit for either mod. Frenzy_rumble did the foot mod And the first hand mod first, and one of the guys on procustomizera did the fingers mod. I just did the too and explained how I did it

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I'll have to try the finger mods. Thanks.

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nifty :)  ME LIKEY!!