Leader Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BonecrusherCA, Oct 11, 2007.

1. BonecrusherCA

BonecrusherCA Plastic Crackhead

There may be another thread about this, but I'm pretty sure I realized why there won't be a leader SS made for this movie, and it's really quite simple.

With Megatron defeated, Starscream is now the leader of the Decepticons for TF2. Whether or not Megatron is brought back, I'm sure some of the focus will be on SS's leadership.

Therefore, I would bet a bundle that one of the first toys we'll get for TF2 will be a leader Starscream... and maybe something like an Ultra Magnus if they put him in the movie lol.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If TF2 is similar to the treatment that was leaked, I'm hoping for a new Prime leader figure, and a Soundwave leader figure. Starscream would be cool to see at that size, but, I'm not going to be surprised if he get's another Voyager, or even an Ultra, if they introduce that size class to the movie toys, :D .

3. BonecrusherCA

BonecrusherCA Plastic Crackhead

What would be unique about the new Prime toy then? If the setup involving the different loyalists is accurate to what they do with the new movie (without trying to give much away), I could see both a leader SS and Soundwave, considering it would be truth. Also, Ultra Magnus would fit the bill of a leader. Then again, they didn't exactly stick to the whole "leader" concept with Brawl/Devastator.

4. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

leader is reserved for leaders, and big cool altmodes. which is why we will never get a leader bonecrusher.

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

BC's alt mode was awesome!! Huge claw-rake-thingie FTW!!!

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Bonecrusher's design was cool, period. The rear-mounted prongs in robot mode looked awesome. Truck mode seemed a bit bland, but, that might be to do with the colours.

7. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Bonecrushers alt mode was huge and badass!

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If they stick with all the parts that I liked about the leaked treatment, the Matrix gimmick :thumb .

9. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    But with TF2, will they be using the same mold? I mean they need to sell toys, but if they stick to the old mold (particularly the Leader class - Prime & Megs) most of us would already have them and not justifiable to fork out extra dosh for the same thing. Or I could be wrong...:p 

As for SS having a Leader class, that would be awesome - A detailed F22 that hopefully does not have exposed robot parts.

10. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I fon't think Prime will change a lot for TF2, since the cgi model needs to be almost the same to simplify the designs, maybe he'll get a new paint job or maybe hasbro will just made another toy for him based on the same design.

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Selling the same molds again for a few characters won't be hard to do for TF2. Prime in particular. Even with the restock, I haven't seen a Leader Prime in ages. I think there's enough demand for that figure to see it get released again in 2 years.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I still stand by my belief that it'll be a mix of remolds and repaints, with new accessories and stuff. So Megatron might be repainted / remolded to reflect the tweaks to his look in the sequel or just to make him more accurate in the first place (perhaps a darker grey or something), essentially he'd be the repaint of the Leader Class toy we've not had yet.

Although if the TF2 leak was true, I fully expect a "Leader Class" Devastator giftset. 5-6 Deluxes at a Leader pricepoint who combine? Yes please :p 
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Megatron were a deiced Voyager Class one or something, maybe fixed compared to the first one so his feet work and everything.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I don't want this to happen Starscream isn't good enough for Leader Class Brawl only got it cuase he was Bigger than Jazz,ironhide and Ratchet in their fight scene.

14. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

but for something that is basicly a cubout it a stick, and got 30 seconds of time, a kid isn't going to get that image stuck fast to the labbel of want in thier head.

15. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I want Blackout back and being rebuild into a AH-64D Longbow so we can have a new cool leader class helo !

16. star11scream

star11scream Spoon + Star11scream

u KNOW WHAT WOULD BE BETTER ,,that they would pay a homage to jazz and his bravery by making a GIGATRON SIZE model,u know he fought meg even though he was hardly 11 feet tall...............................I think were getting distracted,the topic is a leader starscream

17. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I'm 99% sure Prime will get a new mold. It was confirmed by our TF2 insider that he'd be combining with jetfire. Unless the Jetfire mold is pretty genius then they're gonna hafta make a new prime that's combine-able.

18. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains

19. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    oh jeez. Zombie thread! I didn't even realize. GRAB THE SHOVELS! BURY IT!

seriously though, the "related threads" deal at the bottom is responsible for this and doesn't seem to be useful for much else. I think it should be removed.

20. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

*Cocks shotgun*