Leader starscream shoulder button doesn't work

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xonic, May 29, 2012.

1. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So, I'm back again with yet another QC issue. I just picked up leader class ROTF starscream. Got him from china, as far as I know a genuine american import, looks completely authentic. ONly puzzling thing is, whilst his chest flap sounds work, i.e. he says no one can defeat starscream etc, pressing the button on his shoulder achieves absolutely nothing. I've heard this is supposed to activate the transformation sound and have seen this done on youtube a fair bit. Anyone heard of this happening before where the button doesn't work? could mine perhaps be a prototype? seems unlikely with half the electronics working though. Any thoughts?

2. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    its for jet mode i think

3. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Don't think so, the reviews seem to show it being pressed on its own, unless thre are 2 buttons on the shoulder, one of which i've not found yet?

4. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

The shoulder button works for my leader SS.

It's likely that you have a faulty wire or connection to the button. My recollection is that the wire has to flex during transformation. Maybe yours became faulty/pinched.

5. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, that seems likely. Also, one question, I've just managed to lock the cockpit in place covering the head, but how on earth do you release it so it can go back into robot mode? is there a clip i have to move somewhere? can't seem to find anything obvious.

6. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

Put your finger nails in the back corner of each side of the cockpit canopy, then left it forward. This will lift up the section behind his head.

7. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Do you mean litrerly ram a fingernail behind the cockpit window as it were to pull it forward? apologies, I am totally blind so work my transformers all by feel. just trying to understand which bit to graba hold of to tug forward. right now the whole cockpit is locked up over the head into jet mode.

8. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a panel that covers the back end of the cockpit it's on a hinge just pick it up on the sides

9. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mean to sound ignorant, but how do you watch youtube videos or post on the internet if you are completely blind?

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    You are really, really lucky. My Scream won't shut up. His transformation noise goes off every time I move him in jet mode.

11. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for that, finally got it moved. Ok one final question, I'm going to try changing the batteries just in case that helps. Where is the screwfor the battery cover please? i'm sure this isn't going to help but before I pay a bomb and send it back to china, would be good to check :) 

12. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    When his chestplate folds up and locks in place, it holds down that button, and when that button is held, a button on his back makes jet sounds and goes "No one can defeat Starscream!"

Mine used to make Transformation sounds but I got him 2 years ago.

13. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yeah it seems like maybe the connection is faulty not sure. Anyone know where the screw for the battery cover is exactly? I'm sure it's underneath the jet in the main block where the cockpit clips to in robot mode, just can't seem to find the screw to try and change them to check.

14. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Found the battery cover, removed it, replaced batteries, still doesn't work. So annoying, this is the only electronic gimmic I wanted on the figure :)  back to CHina he goes.

15. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I have to put some force into it to get mine to work, but it does work.

16. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The button that makes the transformation sounds has nothing to do with the button that makes the noises in vehicle mode. You can hit it and still get the vehicle sounds.

Oddly, this button doesn't work so well anymore on mine. I have to really push the button with some force to get it to work. It might have something to do with the fact that I still have the original batteries in him, but I kind of doubt it.