Leader Sentinel Prime International Voice chip

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thebruteslayer, Jun 5, 2011.

1. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    I just got back with Sentinel, but I picked up an international version.
    Since I live in Canada,
    (I live in an area with Mulitple races and languages) it was meant to be sold to mulitple languages.
    I discovered that the international version has different sounds when using the MechTech weapon.
    When plugged in, Sentinel will make more firing sounds instead of saying "What has happened to the Allspark?" or "Good to see you alive, Optimus".
    Also, he just says "Sentinel Prime" as the default speech.
    Just a hint to others who may come across a international version.

Oh and the toy itself?

EPIC!!!

2. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

Thanks... I think it might be worth it I get the international version then.

3. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are those firing sounds the same ones he makes when the Mechtech is in and you press the siren button?

4. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Actually, yeah! They're really badass.

5. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably the American version is worth more for just that it has the longer and more phrases he says plus all the other sounds the same.

6. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

i have the exact same problem, so just get on in America, it will have all 3 sound bits, AND it will probably be cheaper.

7. Somafreak38

Somafreak38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the reason why your figure only says Sentinel Prime is because of language Laws in some countries.

8. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Mine was only 44.84 at Walmart.

9. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    'language laws'? okay...:rolleyes2 

all 'international' (ie not US) movie leaders have had their voice chips neutered for the past few years. It means they don't have to record the phrases in more than one language. Oh and it sucks massive balls.

10. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    That's coming from someone in the UK...

11. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

does anyone know the reason(ing) of this buthchered international sound chips anyway? every country in the world is encouraged to learn english but figures can't be allowed to say "i am". it's stupid.

12. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Because kids don't learn english in other countries rightaway.
    And This toy says more than just "I am Sentinel Prime!"
    So does Leader Starscream.

13. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
  14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I believe somebody on here mentioned it having to do with languages, and how only saying names (or limited phrasing) makes it immune to needing to function in all official languages in the region. I'm honestly too lazy to confirm or deny this (since I'd need to actually do some research & whatnot), but it seems logical.

Like, when it comes to Canada, I don't think recording a line or two in French would be a big deal. That alone wouldn't be a problem. However, they might need to do that for every country that it makes its way to, meaning that they'd either need to record TONNES of shit that most people wouldn't care about(such as irrelevant languages in regards to where they life), or produce many different toys, one for each desired location. The latter just isn't practical when it comes to certain places, so it's understandable for the International version to for lack of a better term, suck ass in terms of not including the "I am" homage.

15. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Well i know figures say more than "i am x". i have Starscream, but it's still stupid to butcher them rather than leave them as they are. Kids don't need to know what figure exactly says. i still have a furby from my childhood and that damn thing speaks only english and his own language all the time. imagine a furby which can't speak english because he's not sold in usa. there're shops, magazines and all kind of products with english name in all european and asian countries. every country have a few singers who sing in english rather than in their native language. almost every school have english classes here, if they don't already teach entirely in english.

they don't need to record in different languages. just saying don't mess with stuff what you already put in there.