Leader Sentinel Prime instructions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rogzilla, May 29, 2011.

1. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I picked up my Leader Sentinel Prime a while back and when I opened him, he was sans instructions. Well I wrote Hasbro and they said they would happily send me some instructions. I've been using the PDF online but I want a hard copy because this guy is a pain in the ass to transform and I don't want to keep running to the computer each time I'm lost on a step.

So I get the mail yesterday and what did they send me? They printed the instructions on regular printer paper as small as possible.

I know there are some people here who don't use the instructions and don't give two sh*ts about them. Honestly, I consider them part of what I collect as I do the figures and the boxes. Would anyone be willing to send me their SP instructions?

Danke!

PS-Should this have been in Junkions? It's not a toy PART but it might belong there. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

2. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I would have returned it for a new one!!!!!

3. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    Why don't you just print your own from the PDF? Adobe Reader or Acrobat or whatever it is usually lets you adjust the size to your liking.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    First question, why not print out the PDF?

Second, have you tried watching some video reviews? Those can help if you're stuck or confused about something.

5. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cause having the original instructions is part of his collecting. To him original instructions is more valuable than a piece of paper you print it on. I agree with him, I save all my boxes and instructions.

6. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Box him up and exchange him for a new one... You won't have to wait for the right TFW member to come along and agree to send/sell you theirs and no waiting for them to arrive... problem solved!

7. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    This. It's part of my collection and it just doesn't feel right without it.

I considered doing that but 1-there was nothing wrong with the figure itself and, although it goes counter to my collection, I'm not so anal that I would return a perfectly good toy and 2- as I was under the impression that Hasbro would be sending me the instructions proper I throw away the insides of the box (the backing and molded plastic) so I can't pass it off as unopened.

8. jru42287

News Credits:
    I see. I too, keep all the boxes and instructions. I didn't realize everyone was an anal as me haha.

If there's nothing else wrong with him, then just buy a new one, take the instructions and return him. Tell the people at the store he's missing his instructions, and they'll handle it accordingly.

9. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    After opening a new toy, I instantly transform him to his vehicle or robot mode, and then back again. I have all the transformations to my collection memorized completely. Sentinel Prime was a prick at first, but now I got him down to the last detail.

10. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    This... if you destroyed part of the box, then this seems a good way of doing it.

11. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    This as well. I recently did something like this with my DOTM Megatron. His left leg was really loose and I feared it'd snap off eventually, but I had already thrown the box away. So I bought a new Megatron who is in better condition, and replaced it with the busted one, who I am planning to return shortly.

12. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    That's not a bad idea although some places might insist I do an exchange and not a return (ie-go get a new one), but someone has actually PMed me about it so I should be good. Thank you for your ideas though.

13. jru42287

News Credits:
    I did something similar with Crankcase. One of his dreads broke off during transformation (since the instructions, you know, tell you to move them), and since he was one of the rare unclipped ones, I just bought one I knew would be clipped and swapped the arms and returned him. I figured I was doing the world a favor anyway haha.

14. jru42287

News Credits:
    They usually ask if you want to return or exchange it. But you can always tell them "I bought another one already, so I'd rather just return it."

15. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    arm going into leg transformation is too complicated. just forget about the instructions or ask a friend. If you want to transform him, watch a video review cause personally, the instructions did not help me