Minor/Repaint: Leader Prime(ROTF) vs Megatron (TFTM) with legends scorponok diorama

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by 7th.element, Sep 25, 2009.

1. 7th.element

7th.element New Member

hi guys, i've been following this forum for quite a while now and have been really impressed by the great customs by some of u guys here so i thought i'd try my hands on one.

This is my first ever custom so any suggestions/criticisms will be greatly appreciated.

This is a desert diorama with TFTM leader megatron, ROTF leader prime, TFTM legends scorponok and the 2 S7 officers from the TFTM capture of bumble bee diorama set.

I used Humbrol enamels for all the paintings. Megatron had a base coat flat black, was dry brushed with silver, and detailed with black washes and gold. I used the same technique for Prime's robot bits. The truck panels were glossed with clear enamal and dry brushed with fllat white. Scorponok had a dirty green base and was dry brushed with flat white.

The diorama was made with plaster of paris and some fine sand I got from a local pet shop.

Also managed to install red lights into Megatron's head and swaped Prime's LED with a blue one.

Attached Files:

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice work. just out of curiosity why use the legends scorponok when the deluxe is more accurate scale wise?

3. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    For someone's first custom these look really good. :) 

I like how the drybrushing is just right - it adds nice depth to the surface of the figures and is not too much that it looks like flat silver.

Great job man :thumb 

4. 7th.element

7th.element New Member

thanks for the encouragement guys. yeah i aggree that scale wise the deluxe maybe more movie accurate but the scorponok was added in as an afterthought as i had a legends lying around

5. bombatron

bombatron adobocon

News Credits:
    great work! the diorama looks awesome. i agree with mampy, the dry brushing is just right. the megatron looks really good in darker colors. keep it up!

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Overall, I think you've done some really nice work! Personally, I love Legends Scorpy! I love dioramas and I like all that you've done. It's simple, yet nice! You did a good job not letting the diorama take over the customs or the display as a whole. Your treatments with Prime and Megs are also nice. Again, well done :thumb