Leader Prime Gun Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by timelord10, Mar 4, 2012.

1. timelord10

timelord10 Reverse the polarity!

News Credits:
    ROTF Leader Prime is damn near perfect, except for one thing - he doesn't have a gun, and it's beginning to bug me. I know that the Buster mold has one, but I can't afford that, and I'm not a modder so I can't build one from scratch. Does anybody know of any alternative guns that work with him and look good with him?

Also, I've seen in some of Peaugh's videos that his Leader Prime has a gun (it's black with bits of red on it), and if anybody knows where that's from that'd be great. Thanks :) 

2. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Unamused

The black gun you're talking about is from TFC Toys. It's their Gears of War 2 set that comes with a mini-rifle for Alternity Prime, another rifle for Classics Prime, and some add-on pieces that combine with the bigger rifle for Movie Prime.

TFC-005 Gear of War 2 Accessory Set - Third Party Transforming Toys & Accessories TFC Toys

This link will provide a couple pictures. Now it says you can preorder the set, but it has been that way for months.

3. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I "use" the one that came with DOTM Voyager Prime... It's a kick-ass gun, best of the Mech-Tech's IMHO!

Oh and I say "use" because technically I don't yet. I need to either round out the inside of Prime's hand or somehow mod the 5mm peg/handle of the gun first.

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

You don't need to round out the hand. Just loosen the screw that holds the hand together. That's allow 5mm pegs to be held. It's not perfect but I managed to get him to hold the mechtech axe from DOTM Fireburst and even a heavy human alliance basic, Backfire, but that one took some time fidling and balancing.

Or you could just buy the custom shapeways hands or replace his hands with the ones form leader Sentinel.

Here's a picture I took for the fan modes thread:

[​IMG]

5. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Ah cool, thanks for the tip!

6. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

So you see Prime is pretty much perfect. But you can take it up a notch (BAM!) by swapping the hands with the ones I mentioned.

7. optimusskywalke

optimusskywalke Well-Known Member

gun for rotf prime

the gun from the original 2007 leader prime works.just pop it off its post,put a small bit of blutack on the hand space inside it and place it on his hand!hope this was helpful XD