Customs: Leader Prime for sale?????

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by shadowfall1976, Jun 24, 2009.

1. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

2. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    I think that some of them will sell pretty well, most notably your seekers and Magnus. I'm not sure about some of the other Universe repaints because they don't differ very much from the original release. IMO people are pretty satisfied with the level of painted detail on the Classics/Universe figs to not really want minor repaints on them (at least, compared to movie toys). The details you added on the figures are really nice, I'm just not sure if people will pay that much more for them. That's my opinion anyway, but I don't really have that much experience in buying and selling customs so take it with a grain (or a lot more) of salt. In any case, I would really suggest that you invest in a good light tent and photo set up so you can show off your work using better pictures. :) 

Demand is pretty high with the release of the new movie, but you will also have tons of competition from other artists, especially with your ROTF Prime. I say timing your auctions is very important. Try not to have auctions in the same week as some of the more popular customizers out there.

With that said, your pinstriping on ROTF Prime is awesome! Would you mind sharing (via PM because it might be offtopic here) how you did it? Like what kind of brush you used? I'm trying to decide if it's worth trying to put pinstripes on mine.

3. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Thanks

anyone else have an opinion?

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you feel that you want to sell it then I say go for it. I think any ROTF Prime customs are going to sell well right now.