Leader of Constructicons - Bring back Devs for TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mattamus Prime, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Mattamus Prime

Mattamus Prime Well-Known Member

I think they should bring back Devestaor in 3

HERE'S MY THOUGHT:
    Overload is the leader of all constructicons and is the one contructicon that can make the rest combine. I say they go with that idea for the next one.

How else do you explain all the contructicons all over the place. 2 Longhawls, 2 scappers, 2 mixmasters, etc.

I only saw one Overload though:) 

I think that one transformers should be the key to transforming the rest. Then they can keep a lot of constructions for the next movie, make Overload a character with depth and then go with the idea.

2. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

Good idea but I doubt it. He was a waste of money/time in ROTF.

3. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

Nah, I say that Scavenger/Demolishor is the leader. Because he's the biggest.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    he will be back, it was stated as long as there are protoforms that scan vehicles to become constructicons, devastator will always be able to come back.....the "one being" idea where the constructicons are just vehicles is RETARDED.....i mean seriously, people understand the reason grindor looks like blackout is because he scanned the same helicoptor mode.......WHY CAN'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT IS WHY WE HAVE SEVERAL CONSTRUCTICONS.....sheesh people use your brain

5. Mattamus Prime

That's fine with me... as long as there's a leader... or "headmaster" I think it's a good idea.

YEAH!!!! Lots of constructicons but without Scavenger... (who should be a more prevalent decepticon character and they should expalin it)... they can't become Devs.

Don't care who they would have in charge... as long as the concept sticks.

A leader to make them all combine. Without him... they are "F"ed in the A.

6. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    So every vehicle already has a set robot mode? Says who? That was just Bay and ILM saving money by reusing renders and characters they already had (Grindor/Blackout).

7. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see why he wouldn't come back, he wasn't killed, just disassembled, and even then...any construction can form him.

So possibly DEVS in part 3 could grow even larger as long as more and more constructicons combine.

8. guard convoy

News Credits:
    exactly, it is the only logical explination, that is why grindor looks like blackout, same go for the constructicons, and ensures that devastator can be used over and over any way they want

if you think about it, say a protoform scans a helicoptor. he now has a specific look cause the helicoptor parts arrange themselves in a particular way in robot mode....why would the parts rearrange differently if another helicoptor scans the same helicoptor? and this ain't a new concept, it has been around since the DS games for the first movie

9. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Say an Autobot scans the same helicopter as Grindor. He would then look like him? Would that look really fit an Autobot?

10. guard convoy

News Credits:
    who cares if it fits an autobot, they all start off the same generic body (except for headsculp, but even that changes when they scan a new alt mode). he would look the same if he scanned the helicoptor. hell if a decepticon scanned the same vehicle as optimus prime, he would look like optimus prime, but the movie wouldn't do that to prevent confusion

11. Mattamus Prime

I don't think so. I heard they came in 5 million under budget and were able to put that all back into special effects.

12. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grindor wasn't identhycal to Blackout. He had a different color (Grey), was smaller and bulkier and his face was kinda different.

13. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

The decision to bring him back may be made my toy sales. A quick set of repaints could incentivise bringing him back.

14. guard convoy

News Credits:
    face was identical and how in the heck can you say he was smaller and bulkier, the two weren't even standing side by side....they scanned the same type of chopper, heck maybe he is a lighter grey, same model

15. protocida

News Credits:
    I disagree.

Because I watchet the movies back-to-back.

Never said otherwise.

16. guard convoy

News Credits:
    why would they make the model smaller? makes no sense, heck how can we get a sense of scale, blackout never stood next to any transformers, while grindor did, and how is the headsculpt different? looks like the blackout headsculpt to me

17. protocida

News Credits:
    We'll have to agree to disagree.

18. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This.

Devastator is just what you call a bunch of CCs stuck together, it's entirely possible for him to return.

20. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

I personally don't see what the big deal is with re-using existing models for more than one character. When you think about it, it is a staple of Transformers dating all the way back to G1. Plus, given that they are at the very core machines, is it that far off to think there may be more than one transformer that shares the same robot and alternate mode as another due to mass production? I see the decepticons as an army, and in an army you have little to no individuality so why is it a big deal whether or not there are multiple constructicons, Grindor looks like Blackout, or that there was a Buffalo Armored Vehicle driving through the battle field that looked like Bonecrusher despite him being killed off in the first film?