Customs: Leader ironhide question...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Oct 4, 2011.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all you awesome radicons! I was wondering if all of you cloud help. I was thinking of perhaps trying to mod the leader ironhide figures arm kibble to his window... Like all of it.. Roof pieces and all. How hard does anyone think this might be exactly?? Is the idea worth investing into? How would I be able to secure the roof pieces that are one the and to the windshield? Would it be secure if I tried reinforcing it with a thin piece of styrene? I've always been more of a painter than a fabricator, so ths is why I'm asking, though I'm a bit scared of completely ruining the figure completely. Thanks for any input everyone!

2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Kind of like what big hank did here?

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, what Hank did there is something similar to what I want, but he left the rest of the cab pieces that are molded TO the arms there. I want to remove those and glue all the weapons storage into their rightful alt mode places. I'm saying make the roof all one piece instead of having 2/3 of it with half of each set of doors end up on his arms..

4. hthrun

Ebay:
    I think I understand what you're saying. My biggest concern would be getting fine enough cuts so as not to leave big gaps in vehicle mode. I can't remember, did you do the split chest mod on your BB Bumblebee? If you were able to pull that off I wouldn't think this would be a problem for you...

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, that was savio prime, not me. Unfortunately I'm not that talented, thing about this is, I think it would be a simple cut the parts from the arms, and glue them onto the windshield assembly. There shouldn't be any real measuring involved. I just need to figure out how I would then modify the arms to be more accurate, o_O .

6. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    eleborate for me, but i think i get what you are wanting to do.

make his roof parts and side panels that are on the arms attatch to the front windshield/roof assembly right?

are you gonna ditch the weapons and such or no?

my concern is this... would it still be able to transform if you take all parts that flex up and away from the cab and fuse them to the cab it may not work for transformation purposes.

but if you cut the arm kibble off and add a hinge for each side in the center of the roof line so the sides of the vehicle could pull a delorean door move, i think you could pull this off but its all a guess at this point

but after looking at whats big hanks thread i guess it would work for transformation

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  7. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd recommend a jeweler's saw to take care of that kind of cutting, you can cut in any direction you want. And the blades determine how fine you want to cut. It's an investment of roughly 20$ at a hobby store. Or it can be found online.

And you get so many blades of varying sizes for under 10$ its ridiculous. Then get some Aves Apoxy sculpt to fill in any holes, I believe you can get the Apoxy in black so you dont have to paint if it matches well enough... now I'm sorely tempted to try it myself :D 

8. hthrun

Ebay:
    I didn't realize it was that accessible and cheap. I'll have to be on the look out...