Leader Ironhide or Optimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sideways77, Sep 14, 2011.

1. newbielives

newbielives Well-Known Member

If it's not a piece that just snaps back in then it's going to have to be Super Glue to the rescue

2. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Put the hips back where they would be in robot mode, does it still stay connected?

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Not in vehical mode.

4. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    There should be enough pegs to keep it on...

5. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Also, just incase no one knew this, the blue panels on the backs of his legs can pull out just slightly for a more movie accurate appearance.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus.

Ironhide actually isn't that good. Sure, he's good for kids because of all the gimmicks, but for older people or collectors he's pretty mediocre. He has no articulation in a bunch of places where there could easily be some more articulation. Also his transformation is simple, but not in the good way. He ends up cheating and still having some kibble on his back and arms.

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    This.
    Also for further proof, look at this:
    [​IMG]

8. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

This is why I hate it that Hasbro simplified the transformations. It gave us crappier robot modes in most cases and the robots have become shellformer-ish. Most of the DoTM figures have half of their car mode handing off their back. Roadbuster and Sideswipe are an example of this and the deluxe Soundwave too that will be released soon. The eradicons from the TF: Prime line also have car buttflaps too :banghead: 
    If Ironhide's transformation was more like Optimus Prime's, had darker grey instead of blue (Why do they keep this color when there's barely any blue on him?) AND he came with Heavy Iron 1.0&2.0 like he had in the game and movie, he'd be an instant buy for me.

IMO intricate transformations = Screen-accurate robots. There are several exceptions however that I can't think of off the top of my head at the moment though :lol