Leader Ironhide, loose shoulders. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MisterFanwank, Jul 2, 2011.

1. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    The shoulders on my Ironhide are suuuuuper loose. Because I can't see inside the mechanism, I'm afraid to use super glue to tighten it, but as it is IH can't even hold up his arms. I've tried putting little slivers of plastic on the outside of the mechanism to keep the little square things from being able to push away from the teeth as much, but this just makes the square things bend and warp when moving past the ratchet, to the point I think they'd break if I went with that solution.

Anyone else have this problem or advice on how to solve it? I may just end up using super glue, but I'd like more information on the ratchet mechanism before I risk bricking it.

2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Tried using glue. Didn't mess it up, but didn't really help much, either. I'll have to go with putting in small slivers of plastic, if I can make them small enough and glue them in. I've actually found IH's black plastic is very resistant to glue.