leader figure supply

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JazzIsBack, Feb 5, 2010.

1. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

So i currently have everything from the ROTF line i wanted thats available except for leaders PPrime Megatron and Jetfire. Since im currently unemployed and using what money i have to help pay bills I wont be able to get anymore for awhile. Will they still be around in a few months, maybe spring-ish?

2. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I see two Prime and Megatrons in almost every store I go to. I haven't been collecting long enough to know the patterns as far as shelf life goes, but I find it hard to believe you won't be able to get those two in a couple of months.

Jetfire was the toughest TF to find for me. I still have only seen him in stores three times since about June. He might be tough to come by.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Jetfire is the big shelfwarmer here, so I suppose it all depends on the area.

4. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

It's weird how certain areas get flooded with things that are so scarce in other areas.

I've seen Jetfire on a shelf 3 separate times (including when I bought him), and there was only one each of those times. I looked for him for so long that even after I had one of my own I'd almost want to buy him the other times I ran into him.

5. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Megatron is much more of a shelfwarmer than OP is, here. I've only seen a few Jetfires in the past few months.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IIRC, Leader Prime is shipping with Shadow Command Megatron, so Prime should still be around on shelves for quite awhile. The original deco of Megatron will likely end up replaced by the Shadow Command deco fairly soon, so I wouldn't count on that being around long. Jetfire is tough to say for sure; I haven't seen much of him at all.

7. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I really don't know, but my guess is you'll be fine. I can't really say that Hasbro likes to reproduce all their leaders because that didn't happen with any of their last leaders, they either got new molds or were not continued at all like Brawl. In any case I think you will find him this year, the movie line is not done yet! I can tell you that I got Jetfire for $22.95 on Amazon.com, now that was a deal I was VERY happy about. It pays to be on your feet with these things!

8. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    You'll be able to get them online for a while into the future. I personally have only seen Jetfire once at retail. But that's UK distribuyion for you. I do most of my buying online, though -- Kapow Toys more often than not.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If its anything like the first movie, we'll likely be seeing the movie leaders around for quite some time.

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Shadow Megs will be around all year because it hasn't been released yet. And with Starscream coming out later, He'll need a wave mate, so who knows. You should be able to find them for a while.

11. Rob Almighty

Rob Almighty Kneel before Rob.

Some people have speculated that the Buster Prime/Jetfire two-pack (with more accurate color/paint apps) could be coming to the States. So assuming you're from the states, it's possible you could run into this pack (most likely an exclusive) and quite possibly could have the best version of those two from the ROTF line. Megatron I see all over the place. He's not going anywhere. Just don't wait too long, though.

12. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    If Starscream is part of this yellow-box line, it would seem likely that he'd be wave mated with a reapint of a ROTF Leader figure or something new. There hasn't been a Prime or Jetfire repaint yet...

13. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    They'll all be around for a long time yet. Very strong chance Prime will get an improved deco, maybe Jetfire. Megatron, as said earlier, is quite the shelfwarmer.

IMO there's a fairly good chance that the Leader Prime for the next movie will be a retool of the current mold.. it's almost perfect as it is.

Megatron... it's a fairly medicore toy, and not that screen accurate either.
    Perhaps next time round they'll take some cues from the Voyager.

14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Umm... Shadow Command Megs is out. Been seeing them at TRUs up here.

It depends on your area, ultimately. Even on a store by store basis. Some stores either have lots of backstock on Leaders or replenish often, and some just have none.

15. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It's not even that we're flooded with them, it's just that they don't sell. It's not "every time I go they restock with only Jetfires and it's amazing how they keep them on the shelves", it's "wow, they still have the same 3 Jetfires they had 5 months ago..."

Last new stuff we got was the Bludgeon wave Voyagers... Dirge-wave deluxes are shelfwarming... Popular stuff shows up and gets bought like there's no tomorrow. It's anything that shows up -after- the initial demand is satisfied that sits and sits and sits because nobody buys anything around here...

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Prime was findable before christmas season, now you can't find him....

17. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

ebay is the find everything you need if you cannot find it locally...plus all these folks that want to offload ROTF stuff will probably not go for much above retail...especially once shadow command megs and what ever version of leader prime comes out to replace the first version of leader prime...the first versions will eventually go for bottom basement prices on the bay...

18. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

*looks at location* well shoot, you got a floating wizard head AND shadow command megs? I so know where im moving to

19. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Probably. Hopefully (I still need Jetfire).

20. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    I think we'll see more of Jetfire when Leader Starscream is released, so I wouldn't worry about not finding them