Leader class...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Feb 12, 2011.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    This makes for Leader Bumblebee, Leader Ironhide, Leader Sentinel Prime, and I'm pretty sure Optimus, right?
    Is anyone afraid that this means the spots are taken up? And Shocky and Megs will be left behind?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think we're past "spots" now. This franchise of ours is getting pretty big and always changing. I doubt if Megs and Shocks don't get Leader figs (which they may, most likely since while Shocks is alien, Megatron has a snazzy Earth mode) they'll at least get some large toy. I mean, Megatron's not an obscure name.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    We're supposedly going to be getting more than the usual number of Leader class figures, so there's still the chance that Megs and Shocky will be getting Leader figures eventually. Personally I'm really hoping that the next one revealed is Megatron. Out of all the con's, he's the one I want the most. I just hope that the lack of him so far is Hasbro waiting to do his new design right, instead of rushing it out like the previous two were.

Also, Prime isn't a Leader, he's a size-class all his own.

4. AMG

AMG Old School

I'm starting to get a little concerned. The Fallen was the "big bad" of TF2 and he only got a voyager, so I wouldn't be surprised if Shockwave only got one. Megatron has been push down in importance with each film, so I'm starting to think he may not get one either. If Megatron doesn't get a leader class figure I'll be severely disappointed.

5. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    I hope both villains get the leader class treatment. I like what's revealed for DOTM leader class characters so far. Hope it continues...

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He also wasn't actually a Transformer and had, hands down, the most half-assed transformation of any movie bot.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

optimus has the ultra class, give shockwave or megatron the leader class.

or both!

8. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    It's beginning to look like we won't be getting a leader Optimus this time. So maybe, just maybe, we'll get a leader Shockwave after all. Think of it. There were four leaders for ROTF. Or does Starscream count? He's in the HFTD line but still, he's a movie bot.

9. AMG

AMG Old School

True, but he was still the main villain and didn't get a leader class release. Going by that it wouldn't surprise me if Shockwave got the same treatment.

10. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Walky over on the Allspark reported that the Hasbro reps today mentioned they were "purposefully avoiding" Decepticon Leader toys.

Make of it what you will.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

While leaders are cool toys, I actually wouldn't mind it if the only leader I get is Sentinel (because let's face it; he's the most hardcore firetruck EVER) and I have to get the Voyagers of Shockwave and Megatron. The voyagers look great already, and with rising prices it would be friendlier on the wallet as well since I can get two Voyagers for less than one leader.

Oh, and less worries about the batteries, too.

Guess that's the final nail in the long-burried coffin of Leader Blackout, then?

Although I would be all for another repaint of the Brawl Leader class. Missed the figure both times before and would like to try and get it at retail if it's possible.

12. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    If Hasbro's avoiding 'Con leaders, than I guess the best Megatron will get is the ROTF mold.

13. GeneralPrime

GeneralPrime Member

it's sad that they've actually avoid the cons leaders mold, while they got a potential by producing a long-dreamed Leader Class Blackout.. but in other hand it's actually a pretty good decision, seeing that the autobots too are mainly deluxes & voyagers-scale, which is the DOTM line would actually more movie-scale-wise than the previous movie toyline, while the leader class will become a sort of "Masterpiece" series of the movie toyline..but it's hasbro, anything can happen y'know.. maybe we'll see an announcement for the leader class blackout later as a surprise to the fans, much like they did with the latest DOTM Ironhide Leader Class or Brawl in the first movie, who knows..

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    like the ironhide and sentinel but get rid of bee and bring in shockwave or megatron.

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    We only got one new leader mold in 2010. Wonder if that was to give 2011/2012 a few extra slots. Hey, for movie 1 we got all-new 18 deluxe molds and 7 voyagers, and ROTF we got 19 new deluxes and 9 voyagers. Why can't the leader class be subject to this phenomenon as well?

16. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    Look dim we will get Leader Shocky, Megs or Blackout....sad day

17. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Leader class Ironhide? I might be tempted...might be

18. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    As much as people have been screaming at Hasbro to do Blackout I really think they should,he was passed over in the first movie for Brawl,then in ROTF yet again no Blackout as they did Starscream and Jetfire (which btw are nice but not as wanted as LC Blacky).
    So I say this is Hasbro's Last Chance to give us fans what we've been begging for.Lastly I am not giving up hope as we don't know what Hasbro has up they're sleeves for movie figures past waves 2 or 3 this summer,so like the old saying It Ain't Over Till The Big Woman Sings.

19. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    We didn't get a leader starscream until HftD came out, and he was amazing. If we eventually get a good version of these cons leader sized, I would not mind waiting a year after the movie came out.

20. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

Why hasbro why ?????? Need leader blackout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!