Minor/Repaint: Leader Class WFC Optimus........wip..

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, May 30, 2012.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NOW UP FOR SALE ON EBAY HERE
    Oversized War for Cybertron Optimus Prime Custom with Real Rust Damage | eBay

UPDATE FOR 08/02/2012 is on page three and four

06/12/12 UPDATES ARE ON PAGE 2

So here is my my next project. I got a KO oversized War For Cybertron Optimus Prime.. He is Super Floppy lol but what do you expect from a ko .. I took him all apart today and taged all the parts so i know what goes where.

Next i will give the surface area a light sanding and all the rub areas a heavy sanding to make the gapes wider... I may even try and fill in some of the hollow areas like the smokestacks..

If anyone has already did a repaint of this same figure and has any kind of pointers on things to improve him , im listening lol.. This is a pretty badass looking figure as is and i want to make it look as good as a Masterpiece ..

Oh and if anyone know of some really good reference pics i can go by of the game character that would help too ..

Also im planning on using Krylon Fusion paints. Im going to get the Patriotic Blue paint but can not decide what color red to get.. Can anyone tell me what is a better match in the red paint ? They have Red Pepper and Sun Dried Tomato

Hopefully he comes out as good as i see it in my head :) 

Stay Tuned :) 

Box-O-Prime parts lol

[​IMG]

UPDATE June 7th 2012

Painted all the red and blue parts today. The red paint i used was Krylon Fusion Red Pepper Red and the blue is a Krylon Fusion Patriotic Blue. I really like it they came out.. The red is a darker shade of red now and not the red/orange color that the plastic was molded in and the blue is better looking now then the purple bluish color the plastic was.. Im going to let these sit now for around 7 days or so before i try and assemple anything.. Back of the can said 7 days for a full cure i think. So in the meantime i will airbrush all the other parts, Im going to try an dry brush too on some parts, i never did that befor so hope it comes out good lol . Ok so here are some pics of the painted parts :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

will you make his eyes blue?

3. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Looks like a pile of junk.

4. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah he wont have pink eyes lol

He started out looking like this lol

[​IMG]

5. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

Where can I find one of these, I've searched what I thought were the best search options but I can seem to find it.

6. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I'm considering doing one of these as well. I look forward to your progress.

7. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

Here is the site....chimungmung Toy Shop

He's under KO-TF.

8. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet i didnt know they were still around.. Little to expencive for me to buy another one though.. I wanted to get a second to make a Nemesis version. I dont know if they are all like mine but mine was like a rag doll , it wouldn't stand or anything, i had to take him apart and put tape on the joint pegs and stuff to stiffen him up so he would just stand up straight.. His head is just sitting on the boddy cause the ball peg is smaller then the ball joint lol, He needs ALOT of work ..

9. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
  10. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you order from Chimungmumg, there is also a black/yellow version available. Get that one, the joints are MUCH better.

11. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i seen Enclines too, I saved those pics for reference as well lol.. I know mine will not come out as good as his but i hope i come close . My painting skills are not the best lol.

12. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

Woah Awesome! thank you very much!

13. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love those oversized WFC Prime customs, good luck with yours!

There are two red versions, Chimungmung is actually selling the second red one (which also include more paint apps like some silver in the middle of his chest) and the yellow one. By any chance, do you know if that second red version also include those better joints?

14. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    updated my original post with some new pics of the progress so far..

15. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is how he looks so far.. I painted his upper legs and waist to match the darker plastic on his arms. I also tried brybrushing the large black area on his chest, it is hard to see but looks pretty cool when light hits it... I made a few decals for his shoulders and the silver vents on his legs to make them look like split vents as well.. I have some more detail to paint on him.. Im pretty happy with how he looks so far.. What do you all think ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking good. Any vehicle shots?

17. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    None yet , Im not going to transform him untill i have him clear coated and fully cured so nothing chips to bad. Im going to work on his head next because the ball joint inside is too big for the ball that holds his head on so i think im going to use a piece of plastic tubing from a pen to make a new ball joint...

18. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Paint job is clean! Are you going to darken the red and add the battle scratches like in the WFC trailer?

19. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree, this is too toy colorish wfc has darker colors but ovbious enough to tell who the character is and look at it and say " Oh thats optimus" instantly. my suggestion would be reapint the red and blue darker colors and panel line the parts of his body with a bright redish orange color to give them that tech look in the game and grab a pic of his head and match it to that.

20. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When the toy started out it was a orange red color and more purple then blue color plastics.. So it has been completely repainted.. The colors are darker then they look , the camera flash just makes them look brighter.. I dont think prime is all that dark in the game though, he just appears that way because the game is so dark...

Im not much of a fan of battle damage and i have never done that so i would probably screw him up if i tried lol so im sticking with a clean look i think, maybe add some scratches later on after i practice a bit.. He will have all the red glowing lines though and im adding decals for the parts that are not there.. Im going to redo the shoulder decals as well.. Im using a Concept art image of him and not the final game version of him so things are a little different.