Leader Class Starscream for 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Screamin'Star, Jun 18, 2008.

1. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I would definitely buy one but 1) streamline the jet mode it is too kibbley for my liking 2) add on some hands.

2. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Yes to leader class Starscream over here.

Also, given there would be a new mould in this scenario, would he have to look significantly different from the first movie?
    Given the slight [shape-shifting > transforming] principle at work in the first movie (Bumblebee's update, Frenzy's new alt-mode), would there be a satisfactory explanation for SS returning to Earth in the sequel with a little more 'screamer familiarity?

Basically, movie SS + Guido's artwork, via TFA SS, in leader class, would basically be the greatest TF toy of all time and I don't care how it's explained in the movie.

3. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hopefully he'll be less chickenish with his legs! hands please!

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I hope so. I love his design.
    Also, I'm sure he's currently the only faction leader that hasn't received a leader class since it was implemented. (Except Animated)

I always thought that was weird, he'd been commanding the Decepticons since Megatron's disappearance, and suddenly Megatron is back and Screamer is back to being a grunt. He didn't seem to care that he lost any power in an instant.
    In that aspect I proffered the DS game version. He wasn't going to lose his power without a fight.

5. Screamin'Star

Screamin'Star Active Member

It would have been good if Starscream challenged Megatron for leadership of the Decepticons. But then they’d have to spend more time on Starscream’s character development, to establish him as the current leader of the decepticons (which they really didn’t IMO, I mean all he did was command the Decepticons to mobilise) and show how ruthless, power hungry, ambitious and defiant he is. Since, Steven Spielberg pretty much told Michael Bay to focus on the story of “a boy and his car”. Getting into the feud between the Decepticons would have been to last the on his mind. Moreover, I don’t think the “general” audience would have been as interested in the movie or even be able understand what’s happening if the focus was on the robots. In the end it’s all about making money and while Transformers have a pretty massive international fan base. Catering the movie solely for the fans wouldn’t have given them the profit they achieved. Besides, they know the fans will support the movie no matter what (as long as they have giant robots in there most of us would have been happy), so in the end, it’s all about attracting the next generation of kids and getting adults who was never interested in Transformers before to go and watch the movie. Having said that, hopefully now that the first movie is out of the way, they can get more in depth with the character development of the Transformers in the sequel.