Leader Class Optimus Prime and Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sinstroke, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Sinstroke

Sinstroke Snipercon 4 hire

Ebay:
    i have both figures,

Optimus Prime is in good condition,loose
    and
    Jetfire is in good condition minus missing a
    back wing piece and the miss for his Gatlen gun.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in a
    price range that these would be worth, and if
    i could get ahold of the wing tip and missle
    how much more it would be worth.

2. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well a loose ROTF Leader Jetfire 100% complete, goes for around $60 - $80 so.. if your like me you met a really nice friend here on the forums and get it for much much cheaper

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Prime in that condition is under $40
    Jetfire missing pieces I'd guess about the same. No offense, but it's not hard to find complete.

You'd be topped off at about $80 for the pair.

Since there isn't a huge junker Jetfire population that I'm aware of, I'd guess you'd be hard pressed to find the missing pieces, but they'd probably double the value of Jetfire.

4. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If jetfire was complete I'd say you could get 100+ for the pair fairly easily. Being Jetfire is missing a wing AND gun....you should be able to snag $40ish for the Prime but be prepared to get in the mid to high 30's. For the Jetfire, in current condition, I want to say around the same price.

Your major issue was already brought up by Soundblaster1, there isn't a huge group of junker jetfires out and about yet. With tha in mind, you might be hard press to find the parts you need or even worse, cause of the limited junker population, could end up paying a premium for the parts to complete him, making it not worth the effort.

On the positive side, you could get a fair price of about $70 to $85 for the pair in your current condition if you happen upon a collector who only cares about the jetfire for the combination with Prime. If so, they may not care too much about a missing wing piece that will probably never be seen anyways and to gun, well, that's going to be up to the buyer.

Always keep in mind hwen selling something the quote from Johnathan Reeves, "Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it".

5. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Just go on ebay and see the crazy prices for these guys. Jetfire seems to be more expensive than the original ROTF Prime. If you complete that Jetfire you could sell the two for 120+.