Leader class Lugnut figure

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Darkscreamer785, May 4, 2008.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's simple: they did the Leader guys for leader-class, right? Good, and apparently Hasbro likes 3 leader molds for line, also fine.
    Then comes the fact the kids love gentle-giants like Bulkhead, so who better to fit that spot!? Bulkhead, duh!
    Then comes Leader Brawl, why, of all, Brawl!? Designers probably felt he would be the most "fun" toy because of his 10000000000000+ weapons.

2. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I totally agree it sucks he is short. But size class and robot height apparently are not totaly in synch due to the designs, if anything that is the single biggest flaw of this line. Blitzwing and Lockdown are taller than everyone else due to character design and transfromation...

If you want optimisim, here it is: If animated does well, and I mean *REALLY* well and the show is clearly going to go past the 52 episode limit, When Voyager Lugnut leaves the shelves we may see him. For the most part, we didn't really get Leader Brawl until Deluxe Brawl had a full run and was off the shelves.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    but that didnt match at all-you said leader uys got leader toys-Bulkhead isnt a leader. i was just sayin that what you said didnt seem to make sense with that

4. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally would rather have an awesome figure that may be a little short rather than have the figure make sacrifices to be taller than another toy.

5. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    It does, trust me, and posts like yours will definitely get you in trouble.

As for the argument, I could care less. I am happy that after 20+ years of loving Tfs, Hasbro is still cranking them out and even throws us collectors a bone or two in most lines. I don't think anyone has been overtly rude, remember it is a message board and it can be hard to judge the way people want words to come across vs. the way they do come across. I also think nkelsch is not being rude he is just a matter of fact guy and making a point. And I think those wanting leader lugnutz have a point. Personally, I would love to see extremely articulated masterpiece versions of all figures at affordable price points, but my opinion does not matter. In the end, it is a business, and a business for kids who, by the millions, drive sales and profits. The best decisions have to be made in the eyes of Hasbro, as well as meet budgetary guidelines. No one knows what they would do if they were in the shoes of those making the decisions.

I really hope we get one, just cause it would be cool - the more leaders the better! Who knows, it may happen. In the meantime, don't get so emotional over kids *TOYS*. TOYS. TOYS. Let it sink in. TOYS. They are TOYS.