Leader Class Ironhide? No!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Dec 21, 2010.

?

Leader Class Ironhide, Real or Not?

1. Yes, a Real Leader Class Ironhide

51 vote(s)
    43.6%
  2. No, thats just a new voyager Ironhide

66 vote(s)
    56.4%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    From this I read on seibertron, they said that this new Ironhide toy will most likely be a leader class toy. I'm not looking forward to a Leader Class Ironhide in Dark Of The Moon. I hope for Optimus in regular truck, Megatron in new Truck, and Unknown Firetruck or Shockwave. But never Ironhide.

Dark Of The Moon Leader Class Ironhide Revealed

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Could be cool. I support it.

Also great to finally see a pic of a new figure.

3. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Oh my.. Ew. HOPE its not a leader class;;

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

They didn't cite any of their "sources", and there's no way to tell from the picture. I'll believe them, but I won't be holding my breath.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, it works. Have you ever seen a Chevy Topkick in person? That's a big ass truck.

6. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah they are huge trucks, i kinda want one and i am not a truck person. if it is a leader class though, i want the stacks to be bigger though.

7. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Are GMC's Chevy's?

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Uh, yeah.

I don't see there being any way that's a leader class figure. Hell, just look at the holes on the damn thing. Those are to support the plug on weapons like we saw on bumblebee, yeah? If they're standardized (no reason to think they wouldn't be) Look at bumblebee. Imagine a big hole on his roof roughly the size of his head, if that's a leader class ironhide.

Those holes are going to be the key to figuring out toy sizes at this early stage.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    meh

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I can't tell, so I didn't vote, but I hope it's a Leader. The GMC Topkick is a BIG truck and I think the Leader Class could really do Ironhide justice.

12. Blurrz

Blurrz cantkillprogress

News Credits:
    Let's see here, last time I cited Takara sources I got someone from Hasbro Malaysia fired. The information about Leader Ironhide came with, among other things I don't wish to reveal, the Decepticon/Autobot 3-Packs. It's not like some retard e-mailed me, and I upped it in an instant, this is stuff that my friend inside HasTak has told me, and I've known it for months.

Personally, I'm going to wait for better pictures before I form my own opinion, like everyone else here should. Why is there even a poll for this? The picture gives jack information about scale, and the information comes from a website that most of your probably don't trust or visit.

You might as well change the poll to "Is Blurrz smoking pot?"

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Photo gives some information about scale. It's got holes on it, likely for the same plug-in weapons the deluxe bumblebee has on his hood. It's probably a standardized peg size, letting you swap weapons around. So I figure peg hole sizes are the same on bumblebee's roof as they are on ironhide's roof.

if this Ironhide is a leader, and the peg holes are standardized, then the peg hole sizes must be the size of deluxe bumblebee's head. Unlikely to be done on a deluxe mold, and I don't see it taking up that much space on the deluxe bumblebee picture we have.

But if you get a good mental picture of what size hole that would have to be to fit in the space on bumblebee's roof that we see it taking up, or hell, grab the Battle Blades Bumblebee mold and look for yourself since this new bumblebee looks like an updated version of that, and then look at ironhide, and you see that the scale just based on the peg holes, means this is around voyager size. The peg holes we see on ironhide would not fin in the space we see taken up by the connection point of the weapon on the deluxe bumblebee toy, if that ironhide toy were a leader figure.

That's if the peg holes are standardized across toys. I see no reason they wouldn't be.

I'm not saying there is no leader class ironhide, but I can feel pretty confident when I say that I don't think this is it.

Could I be wrong? Certainly! Will I be upset if I'm proven wrong? No! I'm just looking at pictures and forming opinions after analyzing the information we have, which is peg holes.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    its seibertron.com, i will not believe this is a leader size figure until we get hardcore evidence

15. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDK, but I wouldn't buy a Leader Ironhide. I am more than satisfied with the Recon one.

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Not sure if it is a leader from the one pic we have seen, but I am all for a Leader Ironhide. If so, I really hope we get a remold voyager Ratchet. I can't beleive I am actually getting excited about the thought of new movie toys.

17. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Hell yeah! I'll definitely dig a leader class Ironhide!

18. rohrerprime25

rohrerprime25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that would be cool with a leader class but it be awesome if it was a HA now that awesome

19. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Yup, I'd like a HA Ironhide more than a leader, but anyhow, colour me intrigued.

20. iTeruri

iTeruri Bulkhead is the best

It looks like a retooled deluxe Ironhide to me. But on the otherhand, the panel lines don't match the deluxe one from what I can tell (I don't have the deluxe Ironhide mold).